Notices

Is an N900 with an alarm app that has serious flaws less likely to be successfully nicked than an N900 that has no such app?

If you conclude yes then you have value - possibly simply comedic value from a FREE app.

If you think no, then don't buy it and perhaps advise people of the other better available ways to protect your investment.

pointless apps are fun.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i think nokia should shut this ovi"store" down because this joke wasnt funny..........

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
i think nokia should shut this ovi"store" down because this joke wasnt funny..........
Completely agree, every other store in the planet starts out fully populated, iPhone had a vast array of apps at the original launch, so did Android.

And while we are at it Car Alarms, what's that all about? everybody knows you can disable them easily and most people ignore them when they hear them go off, people are living in fantasy land if they think they can protect thier cars without schlepping around with a portable impenetrable garage.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Well I think all thieves know that once a phone's battery is removed it wont work anymore. So its really all the same how easy any of these "alarm systems" are to switch off. Removing the battery is a master key.
Another reason that iphones are superior....non consumer-removable battery!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
I have a friend that this morning thought that app was serious. Ah, this dear friend of mine can imagine that a gun app can't fire bullets, but when he reads of an alarm app and doesn't know that its mark is associated to many fart apps, he initially thinks that it's a serious app.
torpedo48, I appreciate your contribution from QA point of view, and I believe the serious approach you're taking in this thread is due to the same point of view, even if this app is free (I know, because I see how seriously you QA my free app).

But your friend sounds like he shouldn't have bought a 4th out of 5th developer oriented device in the first place. un-jailbraked iPhone is exactly for these kind of end users - simple, funny, enjoyable, not harmful ,not N900.

Just hope your friend wasn't reading about PR1.2 published by the end of 1st Q 2010... he might have taken that seriously as well!

Tags
facepalm, lame.