Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
77% occupied with only a handful of applications. Too much I believe.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany near Hamburg
Originally Posted by Gizmokid2005 View Post
Well, it's not the Conversations Desktop widget or the Media Player widget, since both were disabled on my phone and it just happened again.
Same with me. I never found any reason.

But there is the Desktop Aktivety Manager app. Install it and make a new profile. If you loose desktop settings just load the old profile. But be careful the aktual profil will be updatet with the missing widgets so you always loose its settings.

Greetings
Solderer

Last edited by Solderer; 2010-05-24 at 16:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to Solderer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
I've noticed that it'll happen occasionally on switching the theme too. It happened to me a few times over the weekend and a reboot didn't help. Hopefully they do figure out what causes this and get it fixed (hopefully sooner rather than later), especially since there's talk about this being one of the stoppers for PR1.2...

Installed PR1.2. Widgets disappeared again today. I had a lot of Skype messages coming in at the time.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
... I only used to get the disappearing widgets when I had to remove and add the media player to get it to work ... today I'm getting disappearing widgets all the time! Gues that means it's the twitter widget I just added! ETA ... nope, also added the yellow notes widget today ... on reflection it looks like that's causing the current problems!

Last edited by EmmaGx; 2010-05-29 at 00:01.

I'm getting disappearing widgets also. What i was doing was trying out different themes. But it might just be random. This is on version 10.2010.19-1.203.1

thx

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by Gizmokid2005 View Post
I've noticed that it'll happen occasionally on switching the theme too. It happened to me a few times over the weekend and a reboot didn't help. Hopefully they do figure out what causes this and get it fixed (hopefully sooner rather than later), especially since there's talk about this being one of the stoppers for PR1.2...
It's supposed to refresh widgets when changing themes. We can rule that out.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Okay my widgets just disappeared again. What a nonsense.

I notice though that the Nokia widgets are still there - the media player (with it's still not working play button) and the calendar widget. Also I have 5 sticky notes widgets which are still there although those are on a fifth desktop which may be why they are still there.

yeaaa, mee too. ****ING play button not working.
Really getting MAD......

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Same over here

Play button most of the time doesn't work
and disappearing widgets