Active Topics

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Are you not using this failure device right now? Infact if you saying N900 is an economical failure then you meaning the whole NiT things?
Don't feed the troll. According to posts he made before he has already sold his device and was never coming back. And yet here he is.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Are you not using this failure device right now? Infact if you saying N900 is an economical failure then you meaning the whole NiT things?
No, I am not. I sold mine within 2 months of purchase, the same thing goes for every one of the dozen or so people I know IRL who has owned one.

NIT admittedly was pretty nice back in the day, but with smartphone, netbook and tablet offerings, pretty much obsolete today.

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
A vision is useless in the hands of a person who lacks the discipline to do what needs to be done to make it happen.

Nokia is and has been the laughing stock of the phone world for at least 2 years now.

There is really only one reason MeeGo might do any good:
-Intel

Don't kid yourself man, N900 was an epic economic failure. Don't even get me started software and support wise.
In fact, if MeeGo doesn't do better than Maemo it will be their biggest failure ever, might just end up like Kin.
I can not agree with you.
At the moment there is no better OS than Maemo for me.

Thanks to Ari Jaaksi and to whole Maemo team for this great OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
PradaBrada, nobody talked about N900 being a commercial success, they just agreed with Jaaksi's vision.

I'm so fustrated that this incident has sparked the "Nokia to go Android/WP7" discussion again. Getting calls from Schmidt? Well yeah I bet, calling to play golf for eg.!

I think it might be a good thing that Elop's cleaning the house a little bit, so that there's less people in the development chain. All the articles about Nokia have criticised Nokia having too many execs, so maybe Elop wants to open up some lines to listen to by removing extra execs.

None of us are business professionals here, so I think we should keep our minds open to the fact that we might have no capability to understand the real picture that is forming behind Nokia's exec exodus.

However, I think we can be fairly sure, that were Jaaksi's or Vanjoki's positions somehow critical to their product, we might not have seen them go at all.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Lets start some more rumors. I heard, and I'm not uncovering my source, Nokia is going to ship devices with iOS!!

Thats it. I'm out of hash, but after reading your post, I'm sure you smoked enough for a few days.

As for news. Sucks. Seemed like a bright fellow, a visionary.
smoking yeah right? it was not me that said it the rumors come from the north european media and the fact is the rumors can be true at the end ofcourse I hope not! But it has happened before with companys and it can happen again!

We should be realistic! the true is no one her knows what plans the new CEO and new members will have. Ofcourse we will see a meego phone but next we dont know...

And btw why on earth would Ari leave nokia now 2 month before release of the most important flagship phone. Atleast for me it smells bad Again I hope I am wrong!!!

One more thing a love my N900 and want Meego to success but at the moment it is very frustrating to her about how shaky nokia is atm. ofcourse media helps it make it even more shaky...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2010-10-05 at 22:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Don't feed the troll. According to posts he made before he has already sold his device and was never coming back. And yet here he is.
Yeah thanks for jump starting my heart once again lol.
I still love my N900, I am not getting N9 if it doesn't come with the muscles I wanted in my next device. MeeGo may be NooGo since so far there hasn't been any official demo and with the Devel Release version is a god damn crap comparing the Maemo5 then I think I might holiding off and saving up for the next device instead.

Jaaski's left and the rest of the MeeGo team might be sooner abandoning if this keep going. Ahhh frustration!

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I never said I was never coming back, I said I was staying here to keep you company. Admittedly I was gone for awhile but when I read the news on Engadget today I just had to drop by

You should really lighten up instead of being so biased all the time.
If I'm a fanboy of anything, it's cutting edge technology. I want to see Nokia succeed as much as anyone, I've just realized a while ago now that isn't likely to happen. If however they do manage to prove me wrong, which I really hope they do, more power to them.

Originally Posted by Nano View Post
I can not agree with you.
At the moment there is no better OS than Maemo for me.

Thanks to Ari Jaaksi and to whole Maemo team for this great OS.
An OS is only as good as its software. This is where Maemo failed.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
smoking yeah right? it was not me that said it the rumors come from the north european media and the fact is the rumors can be true at the end ofcourse I hope not! But it has happened before with companys and it can happen again!
Any drater can start a rumor. I mean, I'm a drater and I've started rumors. So do yourself a favor and don't take them serious. Remember they want to generate page views to satisfy their advertisers to generate ad revenue so their boss won't fire them. If you do post a rumor though, state your source.

(drater is an anagram )

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2010-10-05 at 22:20. Reason: had to add a margana

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
PradaBrada, nobody talked about N900 being a commercial success, they just agreed with Jaaksi's vision.

I'm so fustrated that this incident has sparked the "Nokia to go Android/WP7" discussion again. Getting calls from Schmidt? Well yeah I bet, calling to play golf for eg.!

I think it might be a good thing that Elop's cleaning the house a little bit, so that there's less people in the development chain. All the articles about Nokia have criticised Nokia having too many execs, so maybe Elop wants to open up some lines to listen to by removing extra execs.

None of us are business professionals here, so I think we should keep our minds open to the fact that we might have no capability to understand the real picture that is forming behind Nokia's exec exodus.

However, I think we can be fairly sure, that were Jaaksi's or Vanjoki's positions somehow critical to their product, we might not have seen them go at all.
Not just business professionals, but economic science as a whole is overrated. I'm sure Nokia has tonnes of business professionals, that didn't help them one bit from getting into the predicament they have currently managed to get themselves into.

If Nokia was being run by any decent leader, Symbian would've been dropped years ago and the entire Ovi Team would've been out on their asses long ago now. Fact is it wasn't, and now with OPK getting the boot FINALLY something is being done to straighten out this organization.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Any drater can start a rumor. I mean, I'm a drater and I've started rumors. So do yourself a favor and don't take them serious. Remember they want to generate page views to satisfy their advertisers to generate ad revenue so their boss won't fire them. If you do post a rumor though, state your source.

(drater is an anagram )
yes thats true but if you see it in a bussiness way it can be a bit of true.. both could win on it in short term. Microsoft needs to sucess on mobilemarket and nokia too. That would be bad for those prefer openess but would they care? not much... more important to feed the stockholders....

Tags
suomiexitnok