Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
not root, just privileged user.

So, is it worth to update? Any showstopper bugs?

I read about screen brightness issue when waking up from standby, is it very annoying?

Please share!

Originally Posted by veeall View Post
So, is it worth to update? Any showstopper bugs?

I read about screen brightness issue when waking up from standby, is it very annoying?

Please share!
Of course it is worth to upgrade. Separate android app thumbnails in homescreen alone are reason enough for that.

No other problems except the brightness thing and warehouse problem. Neither is too annoying and both have workarounds.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
i'm having this weird vibration alert bug... i have to activate haptic feedback (the one for touchscreen input) to get vibration alerts on incoming calls or other notifications... at least two other users on together reported the same...

if you are using haptic feedback, you'll be fine ... but it drives me crazy when typing...

also, if you were using the patch to have quick settings instead of ambiences on the right of the home-screen, that won't work either... probably has to do with the change that prevents the ambience switcher to be activated from the lock-screen...

besides that, it seems like battery consumption turned better somehow... started the day with 84%, performed some restarts and stuff due to my vibra-call issue and toyed arounda lot - still above 50 now... so not too shabby...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Actually there exists a bug/regression in the network manager.

If you tried the special opt-in-version of the network manager bugfix on last SW update and found out that it does not work for you, well: now it is rolled out so you have to take it.

Too bad since it causes my home WLAN not to connect properly, it will just be left blinking the connection retry...
Workaround is easy, just switch WLAN off and on agsin, but still... the previous nm worked better for me.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
If you tried the special opt-in-version of the network manager bugfix on last SW update and found out that it does not work for you, well: now it is rolled out so you have to take it.
No, can't confirm. I was in the opt-in-version and had only trouble. (No automatic connection to WLANs, connections to both WLAN and GSM at the same time, ...)
I have absolutely no problems with the 1.0.8 firmware. (At least until now )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alex25 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Easy to change that to always show schedult from current date:

Change

Code:
onClicked: pageStack.push("AgendaPage.qml", {date: datePicker.date})
to:

Code:
onClicked: pageStack.push("AgendaPage.qml", {date: datePicker.date = new Date()})
Then it will always show the schedule from current date
FYI: added agenda view instructions from this thread to here:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...olla-calendar/

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Anyone having problems with media player? When I added new music using USB and MTP, I copied the FLACs to the SD Card, but media player doesn't recognize the album/artist/songs. This used to work before, now it's just unknown artist, unknown songs with zero durations... They play, though. Anyone else with this problem?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by 0rphu View Post
Anyone having problems with media player? When I added new music using USB and MTP, I copied the FLACs to the SD Card, but media player doesn't recognize the album/artist/songs. This used to work before, now it's just unknown artist, unknown songs with zero durations... They play, though. Anyone else with this problem?
Dont know, but this is not the thread for such issue.

Updated! I see they changed swype effect for ambiance view. Is there a new ui paradigm coming? Or removing the last remnant of harmattan ui concept?

Last edited by veeall; 2014-07-15 at 19:48.