We need to backup also firmware FIASCO images (it contains NOLO bootloader and cold-flashing)

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
We need to backup also firmware FIASCO images (it contains NOLO bootloader and cold-flashing)
Maemo is maintained by contractor.
As for firmware, I think you would need permission to host it.
Check the ask the council thread, there is a link to discussin between sd69 and X fade

you mean on top of extras, extras-dev & extras-testing?

the FIASCO images would be
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin
for all regions?

only the Latest ones as we only replicate Fremantle 1.3 repositories, right?

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
you mean on top of extras, extras-dev & extras-testing?

the FIASCO images would be
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin
for all regions?

only the Latest ones as we only replicate Fremantle 1.3 repositories, right?
Yes, if we do not want older version and only PR 1.3.
I think that all tools&packages from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/ for n900 should be also dumped.

We know that Nokia abandoned Maemo5 and some day Nokia will stop Maemo5 repositories (SDK, apps, extras...). So I'm started creating shell scripts which will backup maemo 5 fremanle repositories (downloads.maemo.nokia.com and repository.maemo.org).[...]
Pali,

i'm running in some trouble with the packages files for the extras repositories.
even though i only select binary_armel i still get binary_i386 and sources for about a 1000 packages;
the binary_i386 wouldn't be such a problem, but for extras alone the source tar balls amount to over 75% of the size;
not sure yet how it is w/ -testing & -dev, but i guess it should be about the same proportion
the whole download binary_all & binary_armel (for NOKIA's repos, extras, cssu & amsn) amounts to 58GB.

(on NOKIA's repos, the package are properly defined & selecting binary_armel only downloads the armel.deb packages
thus your scripts work perfectly )

no way this would fit on a N900, but even on a reasonably large PC (1TB storage?) it's... difficult to hide @ least
with the whole binary_i386 & sources i guesstimate 120 to (@ most 150) GBs

now to my point(s).
considering that 'til 31-Dec-2012 the repository should remain available online, does it make sense to download the development packages for past that date?
will the N900 / Maemo still be a valid development environment in 2013?
i hope that my N900s will still run by then (knock knock) (my N95 still runs fine after 4 1/2 yrs...) thus having the armel runtime packages would make sense.

i suspect that in extras some developers didn't bother specifying the architecture of each package, thus the architecture isn't cutting it
i was thinking of modify your script(s) to (simply?) look for the ending of the file name.
i hope to get the size of the download to some 20GB this way.

do you see any problems reflashing a N900 & reloading all the packages (either with default backup in HAM or with FAM's application slist)?

very optimistically, assuming a MeeGo handset gets so far that it is possible to run on the N900 as primary device () would the Maemo sources be needed?
the only reason i would see is to have some Qt (4?) apps that could be recompiled against a MeeGo SDK environment, considering that the 2013 apps on MeeGo (if it still exists....) will be designed for devices with much more then the N900's 256MB RAM.

am i missing something?

my script first try to determinate package architecture repositories from Release file. If Release file is not found, then is used hardcoded architecture list in download script.

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Maemo is maintained by contractor.
As for firmware, I think you would need permission to host it.
Check the ask the council thread, there is a link to discussin between sd69 and X fade
Note that the hosting of firmware images for Maemo devices and other Nokia binaries is still maintained by Nokia under various nokia.com subdomains. Their fate is quite separate to anything hosted under maemo.org, but we still don't have a definitive statement on their continued availability.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Note that the hosting of firmware images for Maemo devices and other Nokia binaries is still maintained by Nokia under various nokia.com subdomains. Their fate is quite separate to anything hosted under maemo.org, but we still don't have a definitive statement on their continued availability.
Council should ask for that. In either case, I've nearly finished mirroring N8x0 repositories (diablo + chinook). I will retain it as private copy. Same applies for the firmware and SDKs.

Once I resolve the issue I have with chinook sources and apt-mirror, I'll post the mirror.list configuration.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
@pali, which repository did not work with apt-mirror?

Perl is not my stronger point, but I would like to take a look.

EDIT:

I guess that could be this could be one of them:

deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle ssu apps

Can you tell me what is used as username/password?

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-08-21 at 16:24.

for downloads.maemo.nokia.com you need:
* send Basic HTTP authentication information (--auth-no-challenge for wget)
* with login qa9recEP and password Pat2UGuP

Tags
apt-mirror, closed packages, futureproofing, orphaned, repository dump