Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Not very well at all. the video pauses fractionally every once in a while, and skips/stutters and loses audiosync. In addition the tablet seems to be so busy trying to keep up with playback that the controls become unresponsive, and it is not possible to escape or pause etc.

Looks like I'm back to 400x240. As I have said previously it is not very watchable on a regular screen, which why I have tried every trick I can find to improve the playback without modifying the code (I am not a programmer, and after a few lines C etc lose me)

I'm going to play with some playback profiles to see I can improve the playback of 400x240 videos on the TV. On mine it looks really bad, presumably cause I'm in PAL land and 240 is half NTSC. 288 is half-PAL but myth on the tablet doesn't like it.

I'm going to persevere with myth, as the other main option mediaserv, which works great, does not let me seek through a recording, or save the position between devices like myth does.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Is there a way to run the backend on the device? (I'm not bothered about performance lag )

TIA

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
there are debs for mysql and the mythtv backend on yani's garage site. not tried them though.

gaz

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Has anyone tried to play mpeg2 recordings (like from a PVR250).

I use 368*480 at a bitrate of 3200 for viewing on my TV, and I'm wondering if this is watchable on my N800.

Mark

I actually found that anything over 240 vertical res was a real problem on the tablet, and 240 was completly unwatchable on my main myth. I'd suggest trying it if you are interested. Only problem I found was that it screwed my display (no scrollbars, or borders around boxes) to the point that I reflashed. I now use a combination of mediaserv to transcode on-the-fly and stream, and mythweb and/or VNC to control what myth does. What I do miss though was being able to stream TV, not that I watch much though.

I'm hoping (and wishing I had the skill to do more than hope) that we will see more progress on myth on the tablets as it is simply amazing to be able to run the fullfat client on the tablet, and a testament to the power and adaptability of the tablets and Yani's skill in porting.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
Hopefully somebody still reads this thread Here's just a random question to pass the time...so, out of curiosity...now that we know quite a bit about what sort of hardware the next tablet will have, it possible to estimate yet whether we might have enough horsepower for watching standard definition content on the next tablet? (Without changing resolution down, that is.)

i cant install any o this applicatins it keeps saying incompatible application package, whats up with that

Hi ..

After a lot of work , it is possible to view tv channels ....

But , i have 3 or 4 seconds ok and after stops 2 seconds ... and so on ...

For me it is impossible to get constant video playback...

What are best settings to get good live video ?

Thanks for all ...