Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Most of those phone holders are made for candybar phones, and the DAP holders for iPod nano.

I'll try to get my NIT in one of the bottom velcro pockets and see what happens. But from what I remember it barely fitted my iPod touch...

For an armband, I was previously more thinking like something which would fit more lower on the body; more near the hand. Like a watch. If this is attached well on the arm you would only notice the additional weight; it wouldn't flip around.

The sportsTrap is basically what I have for my iPod touch; just a slightly smaller size. Yesterday I've worn it more higher on the arm, but then using the touchscreen is a bit more cumbersome to use. However, it was attached noticably better, and I mostly used my remote to control it.

I'm not sure a NIT (assuming hardware N800 + SD cards or N810 + mod) would be a suitable alternative here on the software side. Perhaps with a finger-friendly media player it would work well. If you're using an armband + N8x0 in this way it'd be nice to hear your review.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i could not get a n800 to fit in those velcro pockets, but a n810 may be missing just the right number of mm..

Well here's a funny for you guys. Was digging around in some boxes and found my old waiters pouch from when I used to work in culinary ages and ages ago. I tinkered with it a bit and with a little modification it'd make a neat nokia carrying pouch.

If anyone's curious of what one looks like, it's sorta like this only mine is one of the old black linen pouches instead of the newer leather ones. It's also a lot taller, but the design is the same. IE, small storage and pen pouch in the back and a shorter pad holder pouch in the front and it hangs from your belt. And here's something even funnier. I was taking action shots to show how well it worked when I realized I didn't even need it. The belt pouch my camera gets carried in also fits my nokia! Ok, it's a tad loose, but with the factory case on the outside it barely moves inside the pouch. That's just too cool.

I may not need to buy a special pouch now.