Notices

Originally Posted by iamsrp View Post
I uploaded a .deb file to:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=1311
Let me know if you experience any problems with it.
I get:

./jive: relocation error: ./jive: symbol __gnu_mcount_nc, version GLIBC_2.5 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

with libc6 2.5.0-1osso10 installed on a n810...

Have I a different libc than you complile environment?

Regards,

grb.

Originally Posted by netspoon View Post
I get:

./jive: relocation error: ./jive: symbol __gnu_mcount_nc, version GLIBC_2.5 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

with libc6 2.5.0-1osso10 installed on a n810...

Have I a different libc than you complile environment?

Regards,

grb.
I got the same error when I tried manually installing the DEB on an N810.
You'll see from previous posts that these binaries are for the N900.
I don't think anyone yet has made binaries available for the N810 (although there are pictures and instructions showing this can be done.)

I am guessing that the N900 error is down to the recent Maemo upgrade. I've had no time to mess with this recently but I'll try to get around to updating my build environment and creating a new .deb file.

FTR I have also been looking at Knots2. It seems pretty neat and might be a good filler until SqueezePlay is working.

The Following User Says Thank You to iamsrp For This Useful Post:
There is a binary for the n8x0 posted here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...t=68232&page=3

I've taken hints and built a version with the latest portaudio which compiles with no errors.

The only issue left is local playback. I have posted details of progress so far, and it seems that jive_alsa is failing when testing the pcm device.

grb

The Following User Says Thank You to grb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ SC, USA
I haven't been following this thread for a while, but wanted to let you guys know we still have the garage page where we are trying to work on this. If you can, it would be great to add to it, and maybe help out where you can.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/squeezeplay/

Originally Posted by froghunter View Post
I haven't been following this thread for a while, but wanted to let you guys know we still have the garage page where we are trying to work on this. If you can, it would be great to add to it, and maybe help out where you can.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/squeezeplay/
I've uploaded a tar file of a 7.6 build with the latest portaudio.

Trying to diagnose why local playback doesn't work. I suggest an strace on jive_alsa which points to the pcm_test failing. Why? I don't know... but I built aplay (alsa-utils), and it works at playing .wav files...

grb.

The Following User Says Thank You to grb For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by grb View Post
There is a binary for the n8x0 posted here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...t=68232&page=3

grb
Thanks, that does almost everything I want on my N800 (I mostly just want to use my N800 as a controller - local sound playback isn't a priority for me). It works really well, and SqueezePlay has a very polished look now, a big improvement on the earlier versions I tried a few years ago. Definitely worth installing.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
has anyone got a .deb compiled for fremantle they can share with me, i cant find one anywhere, only for diablo

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
one of you guys must be still active round here surely?

Originally Posted by pat View Post
Quick update for you on this.

I have the latest svn of squeezeplay running on my n900 now and can report that it is working nicely. Still no audio though.

So, on to the licensing issue. The current squeezeplay source tree contains code under a number of licenses (LGPL, GPL, GPL2, MIT, BSD, Logitech license and a few homebrew public domain licenses).

I have contacted Logitech to verify the exact terms of the squeezeplay license, to see whether we can either get binaries posted on their servers or hosted in a maemo repo. The initial response was very positive, they are looking into this and will get back to me (hopefully fairly soon).

Quite a few of the dependencies used are already available in maemo community repos, eg flac, sdl, portaudio and others. The current squeezeplay makefile builds all these dependencies and links against those versions, making the tarball I currently have unnecessarily large. I think the approach would need to be to isolate the squeezeplay source from its dependencies, work out which dependencies are already available, compile the others individually and end up with a bunch of debs rather than a big monolithic tarball.

So in a nutshell, its looking very promising but in my mind the correct thing to do is to wait for an all clear from Logitech before posting anything - and hopefully this won't take long.

Will keep you posted

Is there a binary for the Nokia N900 now arrival?