Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Originally Posted by rotero View Post
I also got my 770 from Woot and wanted to pair it with my Dash. I read this thread and got a bit overwhelmed. Finally I did some more searching and found a file that adds the DUN profile to Windows Mobile 6. It worked fine for me. Now I can use my Dash data connection whenever there is no WIFI around. So if that is all you are trying to do, I recommend using the file.

I attached the file that I used.
rotero, what device are you using? I can't get his to work for my T-mobile dash.

hi there, I was wondering if you can help me phi or pacman?
I have copy the script for btup and btdn, but when I try to run it, it error out saying something about wait for 60 sec. also , how do I fing my bt Mac addr. I have a tmb Dash. Here is how I run my script. can u tell me if i'm doing it right. first I connect using the default connection then I turn on the panning on my Dash, then I go back to my 770 and run the btup script by user the follow syntax.
sudo gainroot and then sh btup. can u guys tell me if the sh command is correct. i'm a totally noob just my 770 a fews days away. i've been pulling my hair out just trying to find the command to run the script. any help would be apprecitive. thanks

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Houston
Let me see if I can help.

Where did you save the file. Make sure you navigate to the folder where you saved it. As mentioned in the how to, I saved it in /home/user/. I would run the script with:
#/home/user/./btup

You can find your BT mac address by going into the settings on your phone or searching for nearby BT devices with:

#hcitool scan

The scan will come up with all BT devices in the range that allow devices to see them so you may need to find it on your phone.

Try the ./btup instead and post back with any issues. We are here to help. I have an N800 now so I can't help you trouble-shoot but may be able to lead you into the right direction. Trust me, I had a heck of a time getting it figured out on my old N770 but once I did, WALA!

thanks for getting back so quick. ok I have the bt mac.
when I use the ./btup command I get assess denied. also I am currently us the 2007 hach os. will this script work with the os?. a funny thing happen though, when I use the #sh btup command, I get a prompt from my dash asking for the key, after I input the key for the dash, my 770 also prompted me for a key, but when I try to input the key into the 770 my dash time out and give me an connection error but on my 770 it said I had establish a bt connect. but I could now surf with the connection. so I disconnected everything and again to if I can beat the time out error. but I could not get the dash or the 770 to prompt me again.

ok, I got it to pair with each other, but i am still unable to surf the net. again I am using the 2007 hack os. when I use the # ./btup command it return permission denied, but when I use the #sh btup, it seem to work. is that a valid command?

You may need to change the file permissions to make it executable. Try this:

#chmod +x /path/to/btupfile/btup
#chmod +x /path/to/btdownfile/btdown

Are you running these commands as a regular user or as root?

Also, when you get it to pair with each user using 'sh btup', can you ping a website? What is the output from this?

#ping www.google.com

If you get a response you are on your way.

Post back and we'll see what is going on.

Also, take a look at what I use for my N800.

http://linuxgadgets.blogspot.com/

ok I finally got it to work. the reason it didn't work the first couple of time was because I was using the ip,gw and ns info from pg 1. when I switch to yours pacman, it just work instanctly. thanks a lot for your help pacman, for getting back to me on the problem, I really appreciated. and thanks to all that help put together these script.

Glad to help and glad to hear you got it working. Enjoy!

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
pcman, your instructions don't seem to work in the 770 with OS2007HE. When I run the pand command, it says "Failed to open control socket: Protocol not supported" maybe it might be a shortcoming of the HE though.

Phi, wish I could help but I am currently using the N800. I sold my N770 about 5 months ago.

I assume this error is when the script hits the pand section. Are you root when you do this? Can you just run the pand -l command? What is the output?

Just for kicks, try the how to I have on one of my blogs. Here is a link to how I set it up on my Nokia N800. As long as you have the bnep.ko module you should be o.k. Try this out and let me know how far you get.

http://linuxgadgets.blogspot.com/

You can also try out this other post from fanoush. The title is N800 PAN workaround so I am not sure if it will work for the N770.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...74&postcount=5

Post back with the sequential steps with the commands you are using. We'll help you figure it out.