Perhaps we can one-up this idea and add real-time voice distortion and auto-tune so we can just sing to our girlfriends (or make anonymous ransom demands).

The Following User Says Thank You to harp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@harp - I like it... Recreate my own version of Saw 7
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Maemo cannot do it and it also cant use the camera application while on a call. That is my biggest disappointment with Maemo. I saw a car accident while on the phone with my wife and I had to tell her I would call her back so I could use the camera and by the time it loaded, I missed the opportunity for footage and pics. On my N82 I just point and shoot no matter what else the OS is doing.
and what do you do with all your pictures of car crashes?! show them to your friends?!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Luz For This Useful Post:
this is also very handy for customer service disputes:

"Hold on a second, let me play you my conversation with ceustomer service rep Jim from this morning..."

Originally Posted by dbrodie View Post
This sounds like a job for the TELETRANSPORTER!
Genius. Awesome video.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
I'm all for the "call cheater" that was the coolest app for S60 please explain to me why we can't have that capability?

FWIW, Sygic voice-over works when music is playing. I assume it's using the pulseaudio daemon and just ignoring some sanity check.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
FWIW, Sygic voice-over works when music is playing. I assume it's using the pulseaudio daemon and just ignoring some sanity check.
Were talking about playing audio while a call is in progress. Pulseaudio supports mixing from 2 different audio sources, something special happens when doing a call and we are trying to figure out what that is...

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
OMG!
Don't even try that!
What if mediaplayer starts itself (there is a bug) after watching that movies (yes, THAT ".xxxtemp" movies...) while talking with our wife???????
I see myself trying to stop player or hanging phone call without result and throwing n900 against floor for "fast-logout"

Originally Posted by dbrodie View Post
Were talking about playing audio while a call is in progress. Pulseaudio supports mixing from 2 different audio sources, something special happens when doing a call and we are trying to figure out what that is...
Right, well what I am saying - is that one way or another, it's possible since Sygic does it and most of the "built-in" applications refuse to.

Tags
question