Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland

Last edited by smoku; 2010-04-18 at 22:24.

is there something wrong with all the repos because i tried a different internet connection and it stil wouldnt update

I'm getting some wierd stuff... I had 4 inupdatable apps and like a week ago suddenly there was 23 updates and I updated all of them, even those that were previously saying that there were packages missing... 2 days later again like 13 updates, only this time 4 apps failed to update and 2 of them are new apps..

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ near Regensburg (Bavaria), Germany
Hey guys!

I have a question. Is there the "extras"-repo affected, too? I just have the extras-repo, no extras-testing or extras-devel. Now I am confused because I cannot install the new version of "healthcheck" and "batterygraph".
I checked for updates many times but there are no updates listed in the application manager. With healthcheck i made the fault that i removed the application. I thoungt that I would see the update when I reinstall it but now I cannot reinstall it because it's not listed in the application manager.
Is this behavior normal? If not, what can I do or try to fix it?

Many thanks in advance!

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ FRANCE
Hi,

I'm using extra repository like any other user.

Here is what I have this morning (from a console apt-get update) :

Code:
W: GPG error: http://repository.maemo.org fremantle Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG E40DC434616730BD maemo.org Extras repositories (Fremantle Extras) <repositories@maemo.org>
Has the GPG key changed this week-end?

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ near Regensburg (Bavaria), Germany
Hello!

@luma: I got the same error message today forenoon in the application manager log.

@all: After I went home from work today evening I got the update-notification (the blinking exclamation mark beside the clock) for "batterygraph". I installed it and checked out if I could install "healthcheck", wow it was listed again! After I installed these packages I checked out again for updates and the error message in the log of the application manager with the GPG-error was gone.
I didn't change anything but now it seems that everything is back to normal. And I am happy again.

Hope this helps anybody.

Greetings from Germany

The Following User Says Thank You to stefbeer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
They were all rebuilt and reinstalled because (at the very least) some stuff got optified. I went from 31 MB free to 52 MB free on root and I did nothing but apply the updates. Also, I'm pretty sure some of the packages showed in red in storage usage before.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Hi guys, today I completely lost access to app manager, I cant update install or even uninstall any application, Keep saying "Operation failed". What I suppose to do?

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
They were all rebuilt and reinstalled because (at the very least) some stuff got optified.
IIRC cauldron-builder is optifying packages by default now, so simple rebuild is enough

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
You can get a more detailed log in the application manager menu, might be more useful.