Active Topics

Poll: Do you like EasyList?
Poll Options
Do you like EasyList?

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
oh yikes.. it seems my version in git is out of date, can you push your changes to git? I don't want you to suffer though merge conflicts

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
oh yikes.. it seems my version in git is out of date, can you push your changes to git? I don't want you to suffer though merge conflicts
I'm not currently working on EasyList so I haven't made any changes yet. Are you pushing it to gitorious?

You may add an option to import items from a file. So there is just the need to copy with ssh in a file from the recipe and EasyList can import them easily.

Or, and here it's a bit "harder", knowing the ip of N900 in the w-lan, developing an app for Desktop that can send items to EasyList through udp protocol. No need to put a server just for that, there is QtNetwork module for this. Just an example, on the desktop app the user insert an item like "apple" and when he clicks on "add" the software send via udp/tcp the string to EasyList, and EasyList adds it to the current list.

Last edited by gionni88; 2011-04-29 at 08:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
For that purpose, I created my own Linux bash script. It uses scp to get the easylist config file from my N900. Then it adds the shopping items I have put in a simple text file on my PC in the easylist configfile. After that, it puts the easylist config file back to my N900 via scp. No fancy gui or what, but it's faster then typing everything on the N900.
Not a very Windows friendly solution though

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I have created a webinterface with which you can login and create 1 list. There is also a php page with which you can retrieve the created list.

When I have the time I will add the sync functionality in the EasyList app and then you can easily create a list remote from any webbrowser. And sync anywhere with your N900.

Your wife/gf could update the list with shopping items and you could retrieve it as long as you've got internet connection.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
I have created a webinterface with which you can login and create 1 list. There is also a php page with which you can retrieve the created list.

When I have the time I will add the sync functionality in the EasyList app and then you can easily create a list remote from any webbrowser. And sync anywhere with your N900.

Your wife/gf could update the list with shopping items and you could retrieve it as long as you've got internet connection.
Sounds cool! Don't forget to support the multi-lists..

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Sounds cool! Don't forget to support the multi-lists..
Well at first it will only support 1 list, because that's faster to implement. This way I can use it as a prove-of-concept. Multiple list support will come when everything works well enough.
It's also the first time I'm doing socket connections on the N900. So I'll have to see what "problems" that might bring with it.
After thorough testing I'll consider the multiple list support on the web-interface.

Uploaded to Extras-Develop:

easylist (0.3.24) unstable; urgency=low

* Added Sync functionality with http://www.willemliu.nl/qt/maemo/easylist/
* Added donation plug in about box.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
I'm not currently working on EasyList so I haven't made any changes yet. Are you pushing it to gitorious?
Ah, I am now. I also didn't see how the develop branch is for all intensive purposes 'master'

I also have submitted some fixes that I think make the sync settings form more user friendly and less confusing

I also modified the program to POST your existing list as well

The Following User Says Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
Ah, I am now. I also didn't see how the develop branch is for all intensive purposes 'master'

I also have submitted some fixes that I think make the sync settings form more user friendly and less confusing

I also modified the program to POST your existing list as well
Yeah I mainly develop on the develop branch and my intention is to merge the develop into the master once I feel the develop is where I want it to be, but I have been lazy on that part. Where are your changes submitted to so I can review it? Github?

Tags
shoppinglist