Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
One of my stock is HKG:2328
I just tried and it worked, but I'm using latest code....
I will release an update soon, could you try and see if it still doesn't work for you when the release is available? Thanks a lot.

I'm experiencing performance issue (scrolling not smooth) and I have no idea why. I'm trying code change using techniques from QML performance guide, but don't have much luck so far....

As a result, I have merged some of the bug fixes back to 0.1.0 and it looks ok. That version is without news webview, so if I couldn't get the development version working satisfactory this weekend, I will just release this special bug fixing version.

By the way, Stockona has been selected for the community device program! Thanks a million for everyone's feedback!

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
I'm experiencing performance issue (scrolling not smooth) and I have no idea why. I'm trying code change using techniques from QML performance guide, but don't have much luck so far....

As a result, I have merged some of the bug fixes back to 0.1.0 and it looks ok. That version is without news webview, so if I couldn't get the development version working satisfactory this weekend, I will just release this special bug fixing version.

By the way, Stockona has been selected for the community device program! Thanks a million for everyone's feedback!
ALL THE BEST SONY123, you deserve it.

Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
ALL THE BEST SONY123, you deserve it.
Thanks, ... and here's the good news! I was able to improve the scrolling so in the earlier test build it's smooth like 0.1.0. But I have made some changes since, so need to try on device tmr to confirm the speed is still there.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
A new release (0.1.4) has been pushed to extras-devel. This release contains:
- Numerous bug fixes
- In-app news view: Directly view related news within app. This is a configurable option in the setting menu.
- Performance tuning to reduce the number of elements in the memory.
- Cosmetic tweak to progress bar.

There are many code changes in this release so be aware of bugs. Enjoy!

Tested works very well. My charts works too, thanks for mapping ASX with AX.

Appreciate your hardwork, best stock app.

Any new features planned. What abt feature to add stocks directly from the app and a small widget which just shows stock name and the price only. on clicking the widget it takes us into the stockona app for more info

Last edited by anismistry; 2011-07-03 at 01:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to anismistry For This Useful Post:
Tested works very well. My charts works too, thanks for mapping ASX with AX.

Appreciate your hardwork, best stock app.

Any new features planned. What abt feature to add stocks directly from the app and a small widget which just shows stock name and the price only. on clicking the widget it takes us into the stockona app for more info
Thanks for testing and the praise, that's a great compliment because that is what I set out to achieve.

Yes, local portfolio creation is under developement, it'll take a while. I don't know about desktop widget..... first of all, there's MarketToday for that. Secondly, Harmattan cannot use it. Lastly, Stockona is using javascript to do the loading & parsing now, and this might incur too much system load when running as a widget.

So, local portfolio is near-term feature and C++ rewrite of backend is something I'd like to do longer term.

Hi sony123, is it possible to make a view which has very minimal info abt a stock so that more stocks are viewable on the screen estate.

like you can have the stock code then the stock price and the % change which can fit in a single slim row of the size of a single excel sheet row.

Thanks for the app.

The Following User Says Thank You to anismistry For This Useful Post:
Hi sony123, is it possible to make a view which has very minimal info abt a stock so that more stocks are viewable on the screen estate.

like you can have the stock code then the stock price and the % change which can fit in a single slim row of the size of a single excel sheet row.

Thanks for the app.
Hi anismistry, I do see the value of such mode, and actually the other I feel the need to have such mode, too. I'm thinking I will overload the view button so it toggles between 'quote' - 'portfolio' - 'widget' mode.

Let me get the local portfolio thing to a more mature stage, and I will work on the "widget" mode next.

I have put another test build on Nokia Developer's page, the version number is the same at 0.1.5. (Go to the bottom of summary page to download.) Due to file format change please remove /home/user/.stockona before you launch the program, otherwise the application will crash during startup.

### Disclaimer ###
Only test this build if you know what you're doing and you know how to delete files on device. The developer is not responsible for any data loss or device breakage

The last build was really lousy... this build fixes the seg fault bugs and also the flow is a bit cleaner. I have also finalized the file format (I hope). The editing is still a bit inconsistent, some operation like adding and editing entry is immediately written to file. For deleting, currently deleting position is immediate but not portfolio, you need to press "=" to really save the change. I don't know which way is preferable... and if you have a preference let me know.

So again a summary on how to use local portfolio:
1) Portfolio: "+" to enter edit mode. In edit mode, "+" to add new entry, "=" to save change. Single press leads to position edit mode, long press and hold leads to editing the current portfolio information.
2) Position: Position view is always in edit mode, "+" to add new entry, "=" to save change (this is redundant in the current configuration since every operation in position edit mode is immediate).

So the idea of local portfolio is, you create a portfolio by entering name and description. You also select whether it is an Yahoo portfolio. If this is a yahoo portfolio, data will be fetched from Yahoo instead of Google. This is to deal with some symbols not available on Google. This setting is per-portfolio not per-symbol, because I fear the overhead in making query request per-symbol will cause UX issues... (The routine for Yahoo quote is not completed yet so it's not working in this build....). For a position, if this is a google portfolio and its stock exchange is NYSE/NASDAQ/AMEX, you can skip the exchange field. For yahoo quote, enter the whole symbol name as appeared in Yahoo
Finance and skip the exchange field (in the later release I will grey out exchange field when in a yahoo portfolio. Share and cost should be obvious, currently when displaying local portfolio, I haven't added the logic to calculate the value, gain, and return information so they are 0 for now. Stop price is for future development, I'm thinking of hooking into Harmattan notification area when stop price is met, but I haven't studied how so the info is not used anywhere in the app.

That's all I have for now, feedback are welcomed!

Last edited by sony123; 2011-07-07 at 06:59.