Active Topics

Originally Posted by slai View Post
Where are you getting this from?

Nokia is advertising it online, btw.

http://www.nokia.no/

also Telenor, who has exclusive rights on the N9 in Norway, are marketing it like crazy. Which would make no sense if they had like 1000 devices only coming in.
Maybe they were lied to, by Nokia, just like we are being lied to.

Or even, maybe Nokia promised a first run of 10.000 units, but failed to mention it will be the only shipment?

I don't know, what I know is that this device will be in shortage, and there is no evidence that the supply will ever meet the demand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jotoco For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
And, were do you see ANY Nokia's marketing money being spent on the n9? I don't see any.
sweden and norway IS marketing it... so yes local markerting actually EXIST.

Problem with sweden marketing is: there is no device so far...

http://www.meegosweden.com/images/stories/n9reklam.jpg

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Jotoco: theyve gotten a first shipment and are expecting shipment nr2 the around the 20th, in addition several stores are expecting shipments from Telenor all across the country.

I doubt the whole "92000" units thing. Where IS the source on this?

Source or it didnt happen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Jotoco: theyve gotten a first shipment and are expecting shipment nr2 the around the 20th, in addition several stores are expecting shipments from Telenor all across the country.

I doubt the whole "92000" units thing. Where IS the source on this?

Source or it didnt happen.
Source is Eldar Murtazin tweet from several weeks (months?) ago. Take it for what it is, but still, I think it is a really good chance, given everything that is happening.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
I think its an ENORMOUS stretch. Whats "happening"? The device is being shipped out to stores. Thats whats happening in my world at least. Not sure what its like globally, but over here its heavy marketing and shipments confirmed and unconfirmed all over the place.

Certainly no indication that this is a hard to get phone, just a "its new so its not in stores quite yet, and preorders are high" phase that any highly advertised phone goes through.

Same thing was with the SGS2 when I bought that.

Nothing out of the ordinary at all.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Just sent a message too Elop and asked if its a good idea too buy N9 or if I should wait for WP7.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
sweden and norway IS marketing it... so yes local markerting actually EXIST.

Problem with sweden marketing is: there is no device so far...

http://www.meegosweden.com/images/stories/n9reklam.jpg
Same for Finland where they have competitions, example giving one N9 everyday for 4 weeks.
http://ensikosketus.nokia.fi/

Seems like Eldar has again been able to get people believe him for some reason.
Production might or might not be enough for first 2 months, but that certain amount of N9's made rumor is bulls1t.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
Source is Eldar Murtazin tweet from several weeks (months?) ago. Take it for what it is, but still, I think it is a really good chance, given everything that is happening.
As you are avid Eldar reader like i used to be, do you remember how on that original Tweet that production amount was for RM-680(also known as N950)? He did not even know N9 existed.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-10-02 at 17:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Well, however the politics is being played at the top; these are some good fundamental indicators (decent market demand, etc) in favor of harmattan and meltemi.... to hopefully keep them on the lifeline somehow.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Well, however the politics is being played at the top; these are some good fundamental indicators (decent market demand, etc) in favor of harmattan and meltemi.... to hopefully keep them on the lifeline somehow.
Looking at how Elop was talking about Meltemi on that leaked video it seems like it's one of their priorities.

And why would it not be? Almost 50% of Nokia phones sold are dumb phones and Android is gaining them there and even more are the unbranded super cheap phones.
If Nokia is able to have low end, semi smartphone like platform that even looks cool in the very cheap range, that would not only potentially sell truckloads, but would also give more trust for Nokia bran in places like India and China where iPhone is desirable, but too expensive for many.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Same for Finland where they have competitions, example giving one N9 everyday for 4 weeks.
http://ensikosketus.nokia.fi/

Seems like Eldar has again been able to get people believe him for some reason.
Production might or might not be enough for first 2 months, but that certain amount of N9's made rumor is bulls1t.

EDIT:

As you are avid Eldar reader like i used to be, do you remember how on that original Tweet that production amount was for RM-680(also known as N950)? He did not even know N9 existed.
Avid reader? I read general news and gadget sites, and it was mentioned before. I know who the guy is, and I know he is full of **** a lot of times.

But still, the guy at the store confirmed. I will see if in this other store it will be the same... if they say the same thing, I might as well believe it, no?

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop