Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
The background notification being cleared isn't hooked to any code, so it can't kill the app (you can check with ps x | grep sociality-mtf)

I can't add the standby icon, I have no N9 and the N950 has no standby screen.
It could be my crazy mind playing tricks on me.

As for the stand by icons. Alright, fair enough.

(I'm so jelous on the n950 btw. But I'm glad good developers like you got them. I have half a mind to gut my n900 or even a lumia 900 and see if I can get one of those to run, either for physical keyboard, or big N9)

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
It's not about the code, it's about testing it on something

Edit: also it seems to be the same way to set the flag icon, through a conf file
Ill happily test it for you Just email me and i am free for the next 4 months so ill be able to test and reply quite quickly

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Sign me up for the helping to test bandwagon.

I'm basically next to an end-user, but I learn quick (look how 1337 I am by installing Ubuntu on my laptop, wheee)

I'd still like to help if I can.

I DO have one bug to report.

I can't post any replies.

I can update my status, but I can't post anything under a thread. The post button does nothing.

However, the app has never crashed on me, so that's good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Looking awesome MAG, magic work once again it seems!
How's everyone finding this compared to the stock client & fMobi 3.0?
Can anyone speak from experience?
I'll give it a whirl soon, just keen to hear what others opinions are 1st.

Thank-you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure if this is already known, but the comments tabs on my events feed will list the number of comments, but when I click on it, the prior comments are not visible to read. There is a field to input my comment, just no way to see other people's comments. Any thoughts?

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post

Thank-you.
Definately better then the stock client!

The stock client is so irritating, it tells you that you have notifications and messages, but then you tap it and it opens the app, and the app then has to be REFRESHED before you can see the new notification or message...

It seems so unbelievably stupid, why doesn't the app just refresh messages and notifications so when you open the app, the new stuff is there to see, instead of having to wait.. Even if it had a splash screen of just the facebook logo on a blue background while it loaded i would prefer that.

Nokia did the same thing with HAM on the N900, Open app, refresh repos, check updates, search for ur app, refresh repos again, then install. Wasted processes.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Definately better then the stock client!

The stock client is so irritating, it tells you that you have notifications and messages, but then you tap it and it opens the app, and the app then has to be REFRESHED before you can see the new notification or message...

It seems so unbelievably stupid, why doesn't the app just refresh messages and notifications so when you open the app, the new stuff is there to see, instead of having to wait.. Even if it had a splash screen of just the facebook logo on a blue background while it loaded i would prefer that.

Nokia did the same thing with HAM on the N900, Open app, refresh repos, check updates, search for ur app, refresh repos again, then install. Wasted processes.
Thanks mate,

Doesn't sound like a huge improvement over stock, may wait till later.
I wonder how it will compare to fMobi 3.xx.....
It was supposed to be out 5wks+ ago but keeps getting delayed.
The dev seems to be more interested in the Symbian variants sadly.
And probably increasingly WP soon, although nothing for it yet.
When I start to actively use it I'll provide feedback & donate, always do.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-05-24 at 05:00. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Thank-you.
I've used the stock client and Fmobi, and I can tell you for sure this is the best one.

It's faster, runs smoother, has better features. I LOVE running it in the background. It takes up very little battery to run in general, and almost no footprint on background.

It is simply the superior choice.

I can live with some bugs as long as they are being worked on. After all, even the "perfect" apps like the Iphone and Android ones throw bugs, and are honestly not as good.

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Thank-you.
Sociality is faster than stock client no doubt but what I don't like about Sociality is the fact that one status message with quite big "Comment" and "Like" buttons on News Feed take so much screen space. MAG how about possibility to change font size? Also if you have used Gravity in symbian it has this neat trick of revealing all possible "action" buttons (e.g. Comment, Like, Open Link...) when you click on the status update.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaykie For This Useful Post:
Bug report: It seems to be possible to have several notifications of "Click here to resume" on Events view .
How to repeat:
1) Open Sociality from launcher and make sure you get some notifications about new posts , likes etc.
2) Close Sociality -> "Click here to resume" notification pops-up. Do not click it.
3) Instead click the notification related to new posts, likes etc -> Sociality will open
4) Close Sociality -> You will have 2 notifications of "Click here to resume".