Active Topics

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
I think we are ready to go...

Any suggestion/add before trying this?
Your only hope to get these fixed is to post the petition to the community and hope that community fixes these...

There is _zero_ Harmattan R&D people still in Nokia to fix any bugs (they all have been fired quite a while ago), nobody has even read harmattan bugzilla since january 2012. If there are any subcontactors left, they will only fix critical security releated bugs, like if some easy to use sim unlock exploit get released then there is a small change that it will be looked into. (Although even that might be ignored, since TMO already had a thread of how to bruteforce calculate the sim unlock code, and that hole was just ignored).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-03-04 at 17:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
Battery drop bug is annoying. Does somebody here knows how to get it back to correct battery readings without a reboot? I had 40% battery which suddenly dropped to 4%, but after reboot i had about 20% still, thus almost half of power gone rebooting a phone. And i needed badly a battery to last.

Yes, Nokia should fix it, regardless their current mobile phone strategy.
Its not a bug but feature, battery drainage is not linear like explained in here http://smackerelofopinion.blogspot.f...-draining.html

There is no way to fix the feature since voltages measured from battery can vary randomly.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
I think we are ready to go...

Any suggestion/add before trying this?
I noticed a minor bug recently in the recent call log. When I open call log the default view ("Recent Calls") shows the information correctly, with recent calls marked as "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", and "Older".

However, when I tap the top bar ("Recent Calls") to select a category (Missed, Received or Dialed), and then revert back to "Recent Calls", it messes up the time stamps and doesn't group the call logs correctly.

Pardon me if it doesn't make a lot of sense, but you can try it by following the steps:

1. Open call log through 'Phone' app
2. Notice the time stamps, the dates and the description match (Today, Yesterday, etc.)
3. Tap the top bar that reads "Recent calls" and select any of the options "Missed, Received or Dialed"
4. The time stamps for the filtered list still matches
5. Now tap on the top bar again and select "Recent calls" and you'll notice that the time stamps and descriptions don't match. Today will actually include calls from today, and two past days, similarly yesterday and last week!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by Bharateeyudu View Post
I noticed a minor bug recently in the recent call log. When I open call log the default view ("Recent Calls") shows the information correctly, with recent calls marked as "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", and "Older".

However, when I tap the top bar ("Recent Calls") to select a category (Missed, Received or Dialed), and then revert back to "Recent Calls", it messes up the time stamps and doesn't group the call logs correctly.

Pardon me if it doesn't make a lot of sense, but you can try it by following the steps:

1. Open call log through 'Phone' app
2. Notice the time stamps, the dates and the description match (Today, Yesterday, etc.)
3. Tap the top bar that reads "Recent calls" and select any of the options "Missed, Received or Dialed"
4. The time stamps for the filtered list still matches
5. Now tap on the top bar again and select "Recent calls" and you'll notice that the time stamps and descriptions don't match. Today will actually include calls from today, and two past days, similarly yesterday and last week!
I tried but it's all as it should be...

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
I tried but it's all as it should be...
That's weird... maybe it's just my N9!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
Battery drop bug is annoying. Does somebody here knows how to get it back to correct battery readings without a reboot? I had 40% battery which suddenly dropped to 4%, but after reboot i had about 20% still, thus almost half of power gone rebooting a phone. And i needed badly a battery to last.

Yes, Nokia should fix it, regardless their current mobile phone strategy.
For me moving the power saving settings from 20 to 10% does the job - sometime.
It is indeed a weird bug. I wonder if it is in the QT Layer..

EDIT : Sorry, just noticed this now :

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Its not a bug but feature, battery drainage is not linear like explained in here http://smackerelofopinion.blogspot.f...-draining.html

There is no way to fix the feature since voltages measured from battery can vary randomly.
the fact that the battery life is not linear is understandable; but the fact that it drops from barely above power saving to switching completely off without nothing in between goes way bejond that imo..

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2013-03-04 at 19:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Your only hope to get these fixed is to post the petition to the community and hope that community fixes these...

There is _zero_ Harmattan R&D people still in Nokia to fix any bugs (they all have been fired quite a while ago), nobody has even read harmattan bugzilla since january 2012. If there are any subcontactors left, they will only fix critical security releated bugs, like if some easy to use sim unlock exploit get released then there is a small change that it will be looked into. (Although even that might be ignored, since TMO already had a thread of how to bruteforce calculate the sim unlock code, and that hole was just ignored).
Then why is there twitter update for N950? Seems strange if Nokia isn't planning something (no matter how small it will be).

Or maybe the contractor accidentally released something XD

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Then why is there twitter update for N950? Seems strange if Nokia isn't planning something (no matter how small it will be).

Single App update !== FW update, unfortunately.
Stop dreaming...

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post

They are updating twitter because of the new API, 1.1, I'm not an expert but afaik without this update the app should stop working properly...

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:

Ok, but i just now happened to have a sudden battery drop to 04%, i tried few refreshes from a n9 qtwek refresher, and after doing 'restart bme' battery level jumped back to 15%.

As you know phone switches itself off when on low battery, even if it is just misreported to be low, but rebooting takes another unnecessary toll on power level. Anyway, there's hope i don't need to do full reboot but hopefully restarting bme(for what that stands for?) is enough, as happened just now.

The Following User Says Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:

Tags
donteventryto, nokia n9, sh1ts given: 0, sigs: 3000, wontfix