Notices

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sorry, I did not quite catch it, what did you say?

Attachment 40543
Did not have that.
While updated maps on weekend with lower (-1) version of OSM scout.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Did not have that.
While updated maps on weekend with lower (-1) version of OSM scout.
Which means that my "bugfix" created it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
[...] So, its not really clear what's wrong with TTS. Would you mind to start Pure Maps from the terminal (harbour-pure-maps) and check out for anything suspicious.
Started harbour-pure-maps, tapped on the open navigation, tapped on the "Begin ▶"-button, Pure Maps emitted the aforementioned error message at the GUI, closed Pure Maps by swiping from the top:
Code:
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
[D] unknown:0 - Got library name:  "/usr/lib/qt5/qml/io/thp/pyotherside/libpyothersideplugin.so"
[D] onCompleted:334 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optimal - prefer to use a Component
[D] unknown:0 - Geoclue client path: "/org/freedesktop/Geoclue/Master/client2"
[W] unknown:0 - QMetaMethod::invoke: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QGeoPositionInfo'
[W] unknown:0 - [ INFO ]  "{QSGRenderThread}[General]: GPU Identifier: Adreno (TM) 305"
[W] unknown:0 - [ WARNING ]  "{QSGRenderThread}[OpenGL]: Not using Vertex Array Objects"
[D] unknown:0 - Cannot convert: QVariant(void*, 0x0)
Nothing suspicious WRT TTS, IMO.

Also, try to run mimic and picotts from terminal. Maybe one of them doesn't start.
A pico2wave --wave=/tmp/foobar.wav "foo bar" with aforementioned PicoTTS-RPM from the Mer-OBS produces a well playable WAV-file.

As already mentioned (in a message after the one I quoted), the TTS-test in Pure Maps' settings is working fine all the time and Mimic is not installed (anymore).

Any other suggestions for testing or newer versions to test on SFOS 2.2.1, before I revert to the latest versions of Pure Maps and PicoTTS, which Storeman offers me from OpenRepos?

Last edited by olf; 2019-06-22 at 21:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Any other suggestions for testing or newer versions to test on SFOS 2.2.1, before I revert to the latest versions of Pure Maps and PicoTTS, which Storeman offers me from OpenRepos?
Thanks for retesting. Indeed, there is nothing strange in the output.

The only reason I can come up with is that the voice instructions language (as set as an option in routing page) doesn't match the voices on your device (and the ones you tested in preferences). Or its a bug.

Try to insert console.log messages to debug the situation in qml/Map.qml, function initVoiceNavigation. Something like

Code:
    function initVoiceNavigation() {
        // Initialize a TTS engine for the current routing instructions.
        if (app.conf.voiceNavigation) {
            var args = [map.route.language, app.conf.voiceGender];
            console.log('Engine opts ' + map.route.language + ' ' + app.conf.voiceGender)
            py.call_sync("poor.app.narrative.set_voice", args);
            var engine = py.evaluate("poor.app.narrative.voice_engine");
            console.log('Engine ' + engine)
            if (engine) {
                notification.flash(app.tr("Voice navigation on"), "mapVoice");
                app.playMaybe("std:starting navigation");
            } else
                notification.flash(app.tr("Voice navigation unavailable: missing Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine for selected language"), "mapVoice");
        } else {
            py.call_sync("poor.app.narrative.set_voice", [null, null]);
        }
    }
(console.logs inserted here). This should help us to figure out whether its a bug or wrong settings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
[...] The only reason I can come up with is that the voice instructions language (as set as an option in routing page) doesn't match the voices on your device (and the ones you tested in preferences).
They do match: They did so before updating to the Mer-OBS version (i.e., when still working fine) and since the update I have checked that a couple of 10 times with two languages and either gender setting (it is always a female voice with PicoTTS, anyway).

Or its a bug.

Try to insert console.log messages to debug the situation in qml/Map.qml, function initVoiceNavigation.
Oops, I fail to find this file with
ls -R /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/qml/ | fgrep Map.qml
and the function with
for i in $(find /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/qml/ -name
'*.qml'); do fgrep -i "Voice" "$i"; done

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: It is part of Pure Maps, not OSM Scout Server.
/usr/share/harbour-pure-maps/qml/Map.qml
Sorry, my bad, that is logical.

Will proceed with altering this file.

Last edited by olf; 2019-06-23 at 13:22.

So instrumented with
Code:
diff Map.qml.orig Map.qml
468a469
>             console.log('Engine opts ' + map.route.language + ' ' + app.conf.voiceGender)
470a472
>             console.log('Engine ' + engine)
Pure Maps' output at the command line confirms

They do match [...].
Code:
[D] initVoiceNavigation:469 - Engine opts en-US female
[D] initVoiceNavigation:472 - Engine
But apparently
(in line 470) does not set the engine.

P.S.: While I do not speak QML, this minor code beautification looks correct to me (but unfortunately and logically makes no difference):
Code:
diff Map.qml.orig Map.qml.patched
474c474
<             } else
---
>             } else {
475a476
>             }

Last edited by olf; 2019-06-23 at 14:53. Reason: Added P.S.

So instrumented with
Code:
diff Map.qml.orig Map.qml
468a469
>             console.log('Engine opts ' + map.route.language + ' ' + app.conf.voiceGender)
470a472
>             console.log('Engine ' + engine)
Pure Maps' output at the command line confirms

Code:
[D] initVoiceNavigation:469 - Engine opts en-US female
[D] initVoiceNavigation:472 - Engine
But apparently
(in line 470) does not set the engine.

P.S.: While I do not speak QML, this minor code beautification looks correct to me (but unfortunately and logically makes no difference):
Code:
diff Map.qml.orig Map.qml.patched
474c474
<             } else
---
>             } else {
475a476
>             }
I wonder whether something got wrong in your /usr/share/harbour-pure-maps.

Please, check with grep:

grep -r en-US /usr/share/harbour-pure-maps

and let me know the output. As for fixing, try to uninstall Pure Maps, remove all files and the folder /usr/share/harbour-pure-maps if its still there, and install the latest version. Let me know if it helped.

PS: poor.app.narrative.voice_engine is not supposed to set the engine, its reporting the current one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
[...] Please, check with grep:
Code:
grep -r en-US /usr/share/harbour-pure-maps/
/usr/share/harbour-pure-maps/poor/voice.py:        "en":    {"female": "en-US"},
/usr/share/harbour-pure-maps/poor/voice.py:        "en_US": {"female": "en-US"},
/usr/share/harbour-pure-maps/poor/voice.py:        "en-US-x-pirate": {"male": "awb", "female": "slt"},
/usr/share/harbour-pure-maps/routers/ValhallaSettings.qml:        property var keys: ["ca", "cs", "en", "en-US-x-pirate", "fr", "de", "hi", "it", "pt", "ru", "sl", "es", "sv"]
/usr/share/harbour-pure-maps/routers/gpx_osmscout_settings.qml:        property var keys: ["ca", "cs", "en", "en-US-x-pirate", "fr", "de", "hi", "it", "pt", "ru", "sl", "es", "sv"]
As for fixing, try to uninstall Pure Maps, remove all files and the folder /usr/share/harbour-pure-maps if its still there, and install the latest version. Let me know if it helped.
It think it will, I have that on my other Jolla 1 (also with SFOS 2.2.1).

IIRC the whole exercise was for determining, if the Pure Maps versions built for SailfishOS 3.0.3 run under 2.2.1.
This (first) one does (tested extensively), except for the TTS misbehaviour discussed here.

PS: poor.app.narrative.voice_engine is not supposed to set the engine, its reporting the current one.
Sorry, sure, that's what I meant, my writing was just too brief: It should have been, "... does not set the variable "engine".".

Last edited by olf; 2019-06-23 at 23:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
@olf: source grep looks to be fine, so no error there.

If you look at your console output, it gives "en-US" as a requested language. It may have been so earlier and has been changed later. To test that theory, grep your configuration

grep en-US ~/.config/harbour-pure-maps/pure-maps.json

If you see a hit, try to calculate route in some other language and then a next one in English.

If all works fine, you are expected to see just "en" as a requested language in console output.

As for special 3.0.3 version of Pure Maps, I am not aware of any. Pure Maps shouldn't be out there at OBS - no need since its a simple Python/QML project

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
@:rinigus

Finally i managed here also the complete german translation.
If anybody other german guys have feadback oder suggestions for better translation, please log into transifex and help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles