Hi everyone

After having used the N82 for 2 years and still being happy with the build quality of the hardware I decided it was time for an upgrade. Bought my N900 last week, and am tinkering with it ever since

The possibilities of this phone are amazing. Easy to use, intiutive and very responsive. I'm a bit of a C++ programmer and might look into helping developing for the Maemo 5 platform Would need to learn about linux before doing that though, so the phone offers an excellent opportunity!

Anyway... Thanks for providing this community, hope I can contribute!

Cheers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdom
Hello, world.

I've had my N900 for around about 36 hours now and I'm really excited by the accelerometer and touchscreen. I'm a final-year undergraduate creative computerist, which essentially means that, time willing, I'll be helping out with apps development and possibly a game.

I've also started up a blog recently, to house coding and geek-interest tidbits, but I'll post more about that as the content grows.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BNHW For This Useful Post:
Hello All! I just joined the forum today.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bulldozer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ @You-Bou Vancouver Island
I am a very low tec bushpunk. Nokia n800 was the first computer advertised that made me think ~ Wow that looks handy~ difficult to find here tho. Long wait was worth it~I get wi-fi in the darnedest places with my little computer. I actually do use my n800 for everything,it's my only computer so far. This forum is handy (been readin for awhile) so I thought I'd sign up..............

The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Turtle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ @You-Bou Vancouver Island
Hi povno, nice quote.peace

Last edited by Blue Turtle; 2010-01-28 at 06:12. Reason: bad spelling

hi!

I'm trying to install Maemo 5 SDK. As expected it didn't go very well at first try so here I am

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledev For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
Hi all!

I user my N900 nearly month and it's good, very good device. Not so fast as I hoped, but goog anyway

When Nokia new device(N920/N910/*Maemo 6) with HD support comes out, i sell this one and buy a new one, because i want use my Maemo device as HD console

ps sry for bad eng

The Following User Says Thank You to termi_uc For This Useful Post:
Another new user here and I've had my 9 for 2 days. Only issue so far is the hunt for a working turn-by-turn satnav. Want to make this my main phone but can't yet!

The Following User Says Thank You to Maninblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Hello!

I'm Markus from Finland and I got my N900 just 4 days ago. I switched from a N95 to this and have never had any of the previous Nokia internet tablets but this thing grows on me so fast. I already feel like i've had it for years. I've been quite busy customizing my N900 and I like it so very much.

I have been reading these forums for 2 days nonstop and searching solutions for my problems. I can already see that this is a very lively, active and passionate community and a solution to a problem is only one question away.

This was my first post.

See you later.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pulzar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Aberdeen, UK
Hi everybody!

Although I got my N900 a few weeks ago, I've been browsing the forums here and I thought I should register here now. Better late than never!

Absolutely loving this phone (although the latest firmware is messing up my wifi - eduroam) and I want to start programming for it soon. Been looking at the SDK (maemo virtual image), but I think I'll wait for MADDE on Windows (sorry, Visual/Windows programmer here!).

Looking forward to being part of this awesome community!

The Following User Says Thank You to Zigmat For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org