Notices

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I have not used Spotify with ITunes myself, in what way exactly have you created the playlists in iTunes? I have myself created all playlists directly using the desktop Spotify client, and have not experienced any issues. Have you tried creating some playlist using the Spotify client to see in case it makes some difference?
i just created a playlist in Spotify on my laptop and then opened Qspot. it sees the playlist, but just like all the other playlists, it won't show the list of files.

the playlist that Spotify itself made available, "Hello America, Spotify here." works perfectly, but none of the others in my list show the tracks when i select them.

is this some sort of proxy issue maybe?

Originally Posted by piebob View Post
i just created a playlist in Spotify on my laptop and then opened Qspot. it sees the playlist, but just like all the other playlists, it won't show the list of files.

the playlist that Spotify itself made available, "Hello America, Spotify here." works perfectly, but none of the others in my list show the tracks when i select them.

is this some sort of proxy issue maybe?
It is possible that it has to do with e.g., your account, or some type of proxy issue (track data might be fetched from different playlist servers). Are you using Spotify in the US, and you are using a normal Premium account?

It is possible that it has to do with e.g., your account, or some type of proxy issue (track data might be fetched from different playlist servers). Are you using Spotify in the US, and you are using a normal Premium account?
yes, i am using Spotify in the US and have a normal Premium account.

yes, i am using Spotify in the US and have a normal Premium account.
Ok. Some other US Spotify users that have experienced the same problem with QSpot?

Ok. Some other US Spotify users that have experienced the same problem with QSpot?
i have no idea, i am the only person i know with an n900

The Following User Says Thank You to piebob For This Useful Post:
i have no idea, i am the only person i know with an n900
We will need to look into in case the US accounts need to communicate with some different server backends, hopefully we can solve this issue..

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
I just want to thank you all that have supported me on the MeeGo device program, as I just found out that I have been accepted in the first round! This way it should be much easier to port QSpot to Harmattan (N9). I really appreciate all your support, it is a great pleasure to develop for this community!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
We will need to look into in case the US accounts need to communicate with some different server backends, hopefully we can solve this issue..
ok, thanks, when do you think this will work? i am paying for a premium Spotify account so i can use the phone app

ok, thanks, when do you think this will work? i am paying for a premium Spotify account so i can use the phone app
I need to look into adding some debug info to QSpot so we can get more info on what exactly goes wrong when fetching playlist data. By the way does the search function work, can you search for tracks? How soon we can get it to work depends on what causes the problem, and if e.g., the underlying library also needs to be modified.

I need to look into adding some debug info to QSpot so we can get more info on what exactly goes wrong when fetching playlist data. By the way does the search function work, can you search for tracks? How soon we can get it to work depends on what causes the problem, and if e.g., the underlying library also needs to be modified.
i can search for tracks just fine, yes.

Tags
premium account, spotify