Originally Posted by adnokr5 View Post
I honestly do not understand why people over here are disappointed. N9 was never meant to be N900 successor. If they had stuck with original symbian + Qt + Meego plan, N9 wouldve been their flagship product for 2011. It might still be. And you know what FLAGSHIPS ARE NOT MADE FOR A FEW THOUSAND GEEKS. They are mass market devices targeted at millions. And N9 is perfect for them. A normal personal doesn't need a HWKB. How many iphone users complain about lack of HWKB? eh. 95% people do not need user replaceable battery. Heck I myself am a power user and ive never bought a second battery for a phone. And USB OTG? How many people actually use it on daily basis? Few.
N9 is THE perfect phone for average consumers out there. Good hardware with excellent software. And I do not understand your hypocrisy. On one hand you want MeeGo(N9) to be retained and used to fight off ios and android and yet you want it to have N900 like capabilities. A geek phone cannot compete ios and android. it is time you understood this. N9 is a much better consumer product than the brick N900 was (this coming from an ardent N900 fan). And you know what no one gives a sh*t if a couple hundred geeks do not agree
1.) Maemo 5 can easily compete with iOS and Android. Nokia just failed in Marketing and Support of the N900. That's why non-geeks never heard of it.

2.) Why the hell does N9 have to be dumber than the N900 in order to fight off iOS and android? (Quote: "And I do not understand your hypocrisy. On one hand you want MeeGo(N9) to be retained and used to fight off ios and android and yet you want it to have N900 like capabilities.")

Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post
1.) Maemo 5 can easily compete with iOS and Android. Nokia just failed in Marketing and Support of the N900. That's why non-geeks never heard of it.

2.) Why the hell does N9 have to be dumber than the N900 in order to fight off iOS and android? (Quote: "And I do not understand your hypocrisy. On one hand you want MeeGo(N9) to be retained and used to fight off ios and android and yet you want it to have N900 like capabilities.")
1) Sorry the UI just wasn't there to compete and it showed. We can only put certain amount of blame to marketing and what not.

2) Don't see nothing wrong with that. I'm not a developer but i want open OS to gather communities like this and to be able to do changes i would never be allowed to do on iphone(like overclocking).
Still i love shiny, compact hw and functional UI's that get the stuff done fast. I still use these devices mostly on the go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
now the the phone finally has been anonunced we se alot of whining in this thread by several IDIOTS!

Why dont you people leave this forum now and go get some ****ing Android, Iphone or whatever crap whe dont need you here anymore!? Alright!!

Or maybe I should leave to so sick of so many idiots here

This forum is dying
Stop whining.

You're making things worse with these kind of posts.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
just out of curiosity, have public apologies been rendered to Zap and Koa?
Nope. So here's my apology.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
1) Sorry the UI just wasn't there to compete and it showed. We can only put certain amount of blame to marketing and what not.

2) Don't see nothing wrong with that. I'm not a developer but i want open OS to gather communities like this and to be able to do changes i would never be allowed to do on iphone(like overclocking).
Still i love shiny, compact hw and functional UI's that get the stuff done fast. I still use these devices mostly on the go.
1.) What's wrong with hildon-desktop? Especially in comparison to android and iOS?

2.) Seriously what the hell? Either you didn't understand what was said before or I really don't understand your attitude. Question: Does the N9 really have to be dumber and have less functionality than the N900 in order to compete with iOS and android?

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Hello! I just wake up and see this lovely N9 stuff, makes me happy! But because i'm not reading the huge new posts on the thread, can someone please confirm if the N9 browser is MicroB like in N900 or is a WebKit **** like android/iphone? (engadget said so, and i can't find the info)

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Stop whining.

You're making things worse with these kind of posts.
Yes I guess I never learn but I am really sick of this ALWAYS negative attitude on this forum!

I know I am also sometime negative but seeing same post over and over and over again about lack of HWKB lack off blablabla all the time makes me wonder why some people is here!?

I am also has got pissed sometimes about Nokias decssions an WP plans but now we atleast have some new cool Linux device to play with and QT is already upgraded with beta of Harmattan SDK :-)

But we cant expect to have everything from a new device.

This negative attitude from several people doesnt help the community.

I guess thats why several devs/people has already leaved :-(

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-21 at 11:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Hello! I just wake up and see this lovely N9 stuff, makes me happy! But because i'm not reading the huge new posts on the thread, can someone please confirm if the N9 browser is MicroB like in N900 or is a WebKit **** like android/iphone? (engadget said so, and i can't find the info)
webkit2 without flash but html5.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MONVMENTVM For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Yes I guess I never learn but I am really sick of this ALWAYS negative attitude on this forum!

I know I am also sometime negative but seeing same post over and over and over again about lack of HWKB lack off blablabla all the time makes me wonder why some people is here!?

I am also has got pissed sometimes about Nokias decssions an WP plans but now we atleast have some new cool Linux device.

We cant expect to have AVERYthing from a new device.

This negative attitude from several people doesnt help the community.

I guess thats why several devs/people has already leaved :-(
mate, simply put people were expecting Maemo 5 plus something more but waht has been offered is great but not to the expectation of few thousand people hence the reaction, its an open forum.... it is great phone to comepete against android or iphone but its not leaps ahead as Maemo5 n900 was if supported and promoted correctly... what is wrong with maemo 5 if updated to fix bug inside a nice casing as N9?

Let people vent and you chill for a little while, this thread isnt your personal possession where someone is trespassing so take it easy and enjoy the launch of a new nokia phone.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post
webkit2 without flash but html5.
...And the reason for webkit is probadly cause its most HTML5 compatible :-)

Btw. lack of flash(if people means "flashplayer") shouldnt be a problem if there is a good mediaplayer...

The rest of flash will soon die anyway no one want to use it except some old lazy coders and Adobe who doesn't want to learn new API:s.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland