Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Just use Xmodmap along with Xbindkeys.

/home/user/.xbindkeysrc_dos
"xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1""
Right

"xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3""
Left

Remap Left and Right to whatever key press you would like for your right and left clicks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
does it work on the n900 i tried before but couldnt get it to work, i tried folloing the guide on page 67 i think it was but when i run xbindkeys -k i just get a white screen that doent register any key presses,
i then tried adding the 2 lines to the file in home/user/ and ran the program, it was running when i typed top in xterm but coulnt get a result in dosbox and gave up lol

I'm not sure.

It seems like you should have a build of Xbindkeys somewhere for the N900, if not, the older version for Maemo 4 should work..

If xbindkeys -k does nothing on your end, that's super weird.

ok i found xmodmap and xbindkeys are available via apt get so have been packaged for the n900, xbindkeys still just opens a white screen and doesnt do anything im wondering if any body know what the command is i should put in the file for volume up and down for right click and left so i could just copy and paste and see if it works that way, im unsure if the key bindings will be the same for the n810 and dont have any idea what im doing lol just an educated guess

Also try with xdotool.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

ok i think ive seen that 1 on easy debian ll have a google about and see what i can learn but im no programmer i wish my mam would come and make it all better lol

i found this link which is pretty intresting still dont know what im doing like im gona stare at it till it makes sense lol
http://www.semicomplete.com/projects.../xdotool.xhtml

Last edited by stooobs; 2011-09-10 at 17:45. Reason: intrsting if you have a clue what it means

So does xbindkeys -k not register any input at all or did you just try with the volume rockers?

it doesnt register any imput and and xbindkeys -mk is the same no imput, i think thkis is to far outa my understanding to do myself.
the xdotool has an option to run with the pid of an open window which seems usefull but ive not the skill to do anything with it lol

hi how di i write : on maemo 5 n900?

search for rover.sys in this thread to get keyboard imput on the n900