Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Around 4days on airplane mode is also what i had last time i forgot to switch it off. 6 hours normal usage also fits.
Jolla Tablet boots up very fast so i do switch it off after recharge to min 80%.

Somehow we need to find the max runtime by turning everything off, right? Then calculate an optimum drain/hour and can then compare to states with single running services and apps drain/hour.

What i am going to try first is if i can beat the 4-5 days with Dalvik disabled. Was it running during your airplane runtime @mscion?
What else to disable.
Is it worth to try not using airplane but switching the services off manually to rule out airplane does not actually switch "everything off"?

Would'nt it be cool if we could hint jolla where to optimize and make the existing and hopefully coming tablets last longer?
But yes, if there is interest we should propably have a seperate thread or continue this one.
Ok. Basically sitting on desk in airplane mode, battery is down to 79% in 40 hours. So roughly .5% per hour drain. If continued would last a little less than 200 hours or at least 8 days.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Ragzy View Post
The lower small plastic bar in the front bottom just below the screen is cracked on my JT (I donīt even know if there is an easy way to replace it).
It's easy to replace. You just heat it a bit and peel off. And i know 4 more persons (including myself) with similar problem. So imho this is body design defect.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
on this forum I donīt have permission to enter "private messages". So this is my last resort.
Why would you want to send this as a PM? More useful in this thread, as other people might have the same question so Chen doesn't have to answer the same thing over and over.

Welcome (back), BTW!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
Liangchen Chen:
You should add more contact info on the campaign page. On twitter both contacts have to follow each other to be able to have a conversation, on this forum I donīt have permission to enter "private messages". So this is my last resort.
According to chemist (the site admin) you have to post more to attain certain privileges. This is due to spam problems on this site. For example as a greenhorn/newbie/cheechakoo you're not able to set up your own avatar. If I remember correctly the setting "Edit your avatar" is there but you can't upload your own. This changes, however, after a certain number of minimum posts (around 17 I think). If you want to know for sure you should contact chemist. Post more + you will be able to send + receive private messages here. I haven't posted this much but private messages are active in my case. So the treshold to reach may be the same as with avatars.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
judicious application of spam around the site should see this limitation lifted then?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
judicious application of spam around the site should see this limitation lifted then?
You have no idea of the continuous spam-attack that our admins fight back, the spam that you never see...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Its excellent that this tablet will be available outside this short campaign time. That gives Jolla time to refund all backers and as soon as that is done, I'm in.
Now I wonder what you do for a living that you can't even chip in what? 279 Euros? RIGHT NOW for THE THING TO HAVE, LOVE + ADMIRE. There are visions crossing my mind of Kermit on his frogpad doing what? Ah, I get it, maybe FLY-FISHING isn't so well paid nowadays... And your budget may be tight this month as the campaign lasts only 15 days.

Hehe... I love your avatar, man - shows you have a great sense of self-humour...

The Following User Says Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
But, indie carmayne, then we agree for the most part. I said that I think he already set the deal too with whatever minimum batch was the condition, not that there is no batch nor that there is one but it is yet to reach. And then I emphasized on the fact that my opinion of it is totally uneducated and shall not be taken at face value. I was merely and humbly raising my hand to answer to a previous post asking if other people thought that the 5000 had nothing to do with the minimum production batch.

Maybe I was not clear, but I have the impression that you are arguing with me about things I did not say (or want to say, or think, but sorry if I made myself misunderstood). http://reho.st/http://talk.maemo.org...milies/eek.gif
Man, Kabouik, please calm down. Seriously, I don't want to offend you. And certainly I don't like arguing just for the arguing. So. no offense meant - ever! Friends again, mate?

It just came across (at least to me) that someone is thinking that if Chen could afford, say. 1.500 units so he would negotiate such an agreement with the manufacturer. But Foxconn would merely reply that the minimum figure is 4.000 (or 5.000 or whatever). So Chen has no choice as to accept that - all or nothing.

Sometimes you reply to a post, yet you're reacting (consciously or even unconsciously) to related posts before without quoting each one exclusively (this would sometimes mean to prolong posts endlessly with no real benefit). So take it with a grain of salt. Not every comment may be targeted at you (or you alone). And in a healthy discussion one's position may be attacked but never the person itself. Understood? Okay then... Peace...

Greetings to Brittany + Au revoir!

The Following User Says Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Also, are there any improvements from the Jolla Tablet or is this just a re-branded Jolla Tablet?
small improvement: Bluetooth 4.0

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Hello! Regarding the quantity for IGG:

- $50000 is the absolute minimum I can open a production line and ordering minimum quantity of components for production. In general opening a production line requires a lot more than that but this is just a minimum requirement of moving forward.

- 5000 for each item: The purpose of this project is to make everyone who wants a SFOS tablet can get one. So in theory there is no limitation anyway. As this is more of a pre-order than crowdfunding, I want to make it equal chance to everyone by not limiting the quantity.

Therefore 50000 USD is just the munimum cost of starting production. 5000 quantity is to ensure everyone can get one. (Not sure if demand will exceed 5000 though...)

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os