Active Topics

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
and "say nothing" > eldar's number?
yes, because "I say nothing" is always right. "some random number I saw in my lucid dream" is in more than 99% of the cases wrong.

I prefer the truth above a random number (just to have a number to talk about..)
edit: you can be sure that when I get the definite number, here will be one of the first places I'll talk about)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
what is the main point of the n950 being dev only? what can it do for dev's that the n9 can't?
i'm not a dev but i know you have the emulator on the QT creator, can you only compile and run on the n950?

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
what is the main point of the n950 being dev only? what can it do for dev's that the n9 can't?
The new "strategy", you know ...

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
i'm not a dev but i know you have the emulator on the QT creator, can you only compile and run on the n950?
Nothing - I think its more a matter of timing.

They have a bunch of n950s now sitting in a warehouse doing nothing - since they cant sell it (for whatever reason), so they might as well get SOME use out of it - i.e. give to devs so they can make progs on it

I am sure once n9s become widespread available and the n950s run out, they will give away n9s for devs too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Maybe YOUR phone is just a convenience but I've got an N900, a phone that let me sell my laptop and allowed my desktops to gather dust.
So true, I don't bother to haul my laptop with me on trips anymore, and at home I usually do things like email/web from my N900 while I'm on the couch watching TV, instead of going to my desktop instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
yes, because "I say nothing" is always right. "some random number I saw in my lucid dream" is in more than 99% of the cases wrong.

I prefer the truth above a random number (just to have a number to talk about..)
edit: you can be sure that when I get the definite number, here will be one of the first places I'll talk about)
Whoa, serious fallacy detected.

A clock that is 1 min slow is WRONG and correct 0% of the time. A clock that has stopped is correct for 1 second per day and is correct 0.001157407% of the time. Therefore a stopped watch is more accurate than a slow one.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Is this the primary thread now?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74181&page=45

This one seems to have slowed...
Perhaps we should close & sticky it, instead of having the "hive-mind" split in two
Mods?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I've collected all the public info as well as videos we have regarding the N950 and wrote an article on meetmeego.org (in German though).
It explains how to get a N950, too.
http://meetmeego.org/2011/06/22/noki...-eins-bekommt/
Doh, gtranslate sux....
I don't suppose you could share details of how to get a n950 in this thread, in English?
Unless it's basically what you've already said previously: community dev or commercial access programs.
Neither help us non-devs, or folks who don't work for dev. related companies...

Originally Posted by LTman View Post
lets hope cordia gets ported quickly
Why write-off the current UI for N9 so quickly? It's not even in the public's hands yet.
But like you I do hope there's a cordia porting effort that kicks-off, nice to have options!
Then again, sometimes it's best not to split resources up too much...
I imagine it'd be simpler/quicker to port cordia to harmatten-based N9, than to meego-core.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/22/e...ot-be-serious/

Wow...theyr questionin Nokia jump to WP

The Following User Says Thank You to zfarooq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/22/e...ot-be-serious/

Wow...theyr questionin Nokia jump to WP
Oh sweet!!! I hope what I sent Vlad influenced them...
He seems to have been covering most n9 related stories lately, so I sent him/TimS this approx. 24hrs ago:

Vlad,

Thought you guys might be interested...
http://felipec.wordpress.com/2011/06...elop-on-meego/
If true, either very brave or very stupid employee :-D

Dunno if you guys been following this thread much, but it's absolutely on fire, or at least it was.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72977
****-load of noise/bs, but occasionally some real nuggets

Then again 500 other users prolly emailed them the same thing

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-06-22 at 16:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland