Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Not sure about that.

I'm still confused why chocolate crackers and black holes ended up in our part of universe when an infinite number of things could exist in infinit number of places.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2022-01-07 at 22:03.

Posts: 6,446 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Which one is better ecologicaly: to shoot with film cameras or with digi?
Considering that film cameras use physical materials to capture the picture and chemicals to process them, and digital don't, I would guess the latter.

Posts: 1,718 | Thanked: 4,764 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I thought about it but then there is differencies in production processes film versus digi cameras and then what it requires either to have cds, usb, sdcards or hard drives as storages or maintaining a cloud service which consumes energy all the time. I am not sure anymore which one is more ecological.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Not sure about that.

I'm still confused why chocolate crackers and black holes ended up in our part of universe when an infinite number of things could exist in infinit number of places.
Any chance my missing socks are somewhere in a black hole?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Any chance my missing socks are somewhere in a black hole?

Consider the size of universe...your socks have been everywhere that you can think of. Your clones take of that. Not sure about the black hole.

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I thought about it but then there is differencies in production processes film versus digi cameras and then what it requires either to have cds, usb, sdcards or hard drives as storages or maintaining a cloud service which consumes energy all the time. I am not sure anymore which one is more ecological.
I'm sure it's important to keep in mind that even though electronic communication might save on paper, it is far from environmentally friendly.

Also the hardware itself (digital vs. analog camera) is probably less env. friendly.

OTOH the process of manufacturing photographic film and paper, and the development, definitely created a lot of nasty waste.

But I believe that we take much more pictures nowadays than, say, 30 years ago.
If we disregard that, digital photography as a whole might indeed by as env. harmful as analog photography.
If we count it per picture, I'd say it's much less harmful.

Here's an article about it (but I formulated my opinion before reading it). Its verdict:

It’s almost impossible to say which of analogue or digital photography is more eco-friendly. Each one has advantages and disadvantages depending on several different criteria, including manufacturing of the equipment, film processing, photo printing, and discarding. Luckily, you can work on making your photography more environmentally friendly either way.

With analogue photography, you will want to be mindful of how you develop your film, especially when it comes to the chemicals involved and their disposal. It’s important to stay current with proper chemical waste disposal methods to protect the environment. You may also want to consider your photo printing processes, so you can try to reduce paper waste.

However, with digital photography, the priority is in minimizing manufacturing waste. You want to shop smartly, choosing companies and products that are eco-friendly or even recycled. Another useful way to cut production costs is to maintain your camera and extend its lifespan as long as possible. You can also buy used equipment and sell your old gear.

Both types of photography have pros and cons when it comes to environmental impact. The good news is that you can improve the greenness of your photography, no matter if you’re shooting analogue or digital. As the photography industry continues to focus on becoming more eco-conscious, we can look forward to even more ways to go green.

Mscion. Be ready to pack your bags.

Trump is back. Bur still no proof of alien existence.

Mscion. Be ready to pack your bags.

Trump is back. Bur still no proof of alien existence.

Am keeping tracking of things... What country will take me as polical refugee if Trump wins the presidency?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Am keeping tracking of things... What country will take me as polical refugee if Trump wins the presidency?
Canada comes to mind. Pretty close, Fried turkey, Buffalo Wings. Aim for a short vacation.

Canada comes to mind. Pretty close, Fried turkey, Buffalo Wings. Aim for a short vacation.
Well, Vancouver is pretty nice. But maybe I should stay and fight the fight!

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson