Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Search with your url did not bring Raxevormwald until I recognized the limit (having lots of results from Belgium and Netherlands). After setting it higher I saw also the one result.
Search in PureMaps immediately brought the exact result!
This sounds like a bug. I'll try with NL and BE. Which limit did you increase?

PS: figured out that the limit was a part of URL. OK, NL & BE have indeed a lot of hits which are not that trivial to remove. Will have to work on the engine further ...

Last edited by rinigus; 2019-06-22 at 13:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Thanks @rinigus, your questions lead me to fully understand this issue, so I will file one at Github.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
[...]
I tested the search for "Vorm Baum 6" and it actually gave me a correct hit on the desktop. I had to download europe/germany/nordrhein-westfalen for it. Which makes me wonder whether a correct region was downloaded - seems like this particular region is close to the border of map regions.
That is the correct map and exactly the same result as on my "Jolla 1 old", which only has this single map installed for testing (because it is big and thus allowed for testing medium-sized routes across it).

Would you mind to check the output for http://localhost:8553/v2/search?limi...ch=Vorm+Baum+6
I deviated a bit from your suggestion:
  • Without providing a limit, the default limit of 25 hits is used, resulting in exactly the 25 "same results from a single, wrong country!" observed while testing:
    curl -o osmss-jolla1new_search-Vorm+Baum+6.txt 'http://localhost:8553/v2/search?search=Vorm+Baum+6'
  • With the limit set much higher, the address search results in 41 hits, the last one being the intended one:
    curl 'http://localhost:8553/v2/search?limit=500&search=Vorm+Baum+6' | fgrep '"admin_region":' \
    | cut -s -f 2 -d ':' | cut -s -f 2 -d '"' \
    | tee osmss-jolla1new_search-l500-Vorm+Baum+6.txt | wc -l

But a couple of other details are not looking correct to me, hence taking this to Github.

Last edited by olf; 2019-06-22 at 15:34.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
This sounds like a bug. I'll try with NL and BE. Which limit did you increase?
Supposedly the limit for the number of search hits.

PS: figured out that the limit was a part of URL. OK, NL & BE have indeed a lot of hits which are not that trivial to remove. Will have to work on the engine further ...
@rinigus and @peterleinchen, no need for further analysis here, I already did quite some and will document it tonight at Github.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Thank you, two.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2019-06-22 at 18:49. Reason: added missing 'o'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Supposedly the limit for the number of search hits.

@rinigus and @peterleinchen, no need for further analysis here, I already did quite some and will document it tonight at Github.
Its clear for me why it is searching as it is, but let's hear your expectations. Please file it directly under https://github.com/rinigus/geocoder-nlp/issues

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
[...] Please file it directly under https://github.com/rinigus/geocoder-nlp/issues
Done.
[10 chars]

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I see the "stuck after closing Pure Maps" bug that we tried to debug about a year ago without much success has disappeared into obscurity. By "disappear" I do not mean "went away", only "stopped being talked about".

At that time it was put down to "silly old pichlo, using an under-powered Jolla, no wonder he sees all sorts of weird things that we more enlightened folks cannot reproduce".

Well, I had no need for satellite navigation for a long time but started using it again, this time on an Xperia X. And guess what? The bug is still there, even on the X. It is absolutely, definitely, 100% reproducible. Every time I use Pure Maps for navigation, no matter how long or short, no matter on what device, I have to reboot the phone afterwards. Otherwise weird things happen. The GPS icon in the top bar keeps flashing, the battery continues draining, the phone continues speaking directions, apps fail to start, that kind of thing.

I am happy to assist with whatever debugging is necessary.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I see the "stuck after closing Pure Maps" bug that we tried to debug about a year ago without much success has disappeared into obscurity. By "disappear" I do not mean "went away", only "stopped being talked about".

At that time it was put down to "silly old pichlo, using an under-powered Jolla, no wonder he sees all sorts of weird things that we more enlightened folks cannot reproduce".

Well, I had no need for satellite navigation for a long time but started using it again, this time on an Xperia X. And guess what? The bug is still there, even on the X. It is absolutely, definitely, 100% reproducible. Every time I use Pure Maps for navigation, no matter how long or short, no matter on what device, I have to reboot the phone afterwards. Otherwise weird things happen. The GPS icon in the top bar keeps flashing, the battery continues draining, the phone continues speaking directions, apps fail to start, that kind of thing.

I am happy to assist with whatever debugging is necessary.

@pichlo: it went away, since I cannot reproduce it. As we tried to debug it, we couldn't find any reasonable suspect, as far as I remember. Since it was a while ago, I don't remember what was our conclusion regarding it at all. Have you tried to kill Pure Maps to stop such behavior?

Looks like https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/31 has resurfaced. To avoid going through this huge pile of pages at TMO, please reopen the issue and try to summarize the state. If you could find what was our last conclusion regarding it during earlier rounds of testing, please fill it in the issue as well.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
This is curious. I can reproduce it reliably, on a Jolla and on Xperia X.
But it seems no one else is complaining.

So, what is different?
We all use the same hardware.
We all use the same software.
Hmm... data, perhaps? Could it be triggered by something specific to the UK maps?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
This is curious. I can reproduce it reliably, on a Jolla and on Xperia X.
But it seems no one else is complaining.

So, what is different?
We all use the same hardware.
We all use the same software.
Hmm... data, perhaps? Could it be triggered by something specific to the UK maps?
Maybe brexit is already working; UK data set has been deviatin from european set

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: