Closed Thread
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Mize View Post
If MS makes for a buy-out of Nokia after Elop got in their and killed the company I would hope for a thorough investigation. It would smell very rotten.
TBH the whole board is responsible, one person cannot kill a company, they voted in favor, he did not do it on his own, so the whole board has a problem. I was actually talking to someone about that. Even though there is an investigation, Ms would still not be blamed because they did not make the decision.

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Nokia stocks are still going down today. down by 3.74 -0.08‎ (-1.96%‎). I think Elop will now be forced to create a Plan B and he have to make it happen or Elop will get fired.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
Nokia stocks are still going down today. down by 3.74 -0.08‎ (-1.96%‎). I think Elop will now be forced to create a Plan B and he have to make it happen or Elop will get fired.
Don't worry. Elop et al. have a Plan B. Grab golden parachute and land somewhere near Redmond Washington...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
But dont blame WP. WP gave them cash and a sense of direction. Symbian and Meego burned cash and were destined to perish
If you're referring to the 1 billion $ bribe, well, that was burned within just one (!) quarter. WP has been nothing but a big loss for Nokia till now. But since it's the last remaining option on the table, Nokia has to eat it, or die trying.

Wait! This was one-time only payback??? Had the understanding that as long as Nokia endorses WP those will trickle down... Would keep them lossless at least for some time

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Wait! This was one-time only payback??? Had the understanding that as long as Nokia endorses WP those will trickle down... Would keep them lossless at least for some time
*If* Nokia makes WP improvements *that MS accepts* then Nokia can get some royalties.

Great deal, eh?

Plan A is not about phones, it's about ecosystems. (and yes, some people here don't like the word ecosystem). Plan A is to cooperate with MS creating a third ecosystem. Obviously there is no plan B, Nokia cannot create [a competitive] ecosystem for high end smartphones on their own, they tried and failed (Symbian, Maemo).

Nokia needs to lower the prices for Lumias. If they don't, WP will be gone forever, but Nokia will not be gone. As it looks right now (extremely regrettably I must admit) is that in one year we will see the first Nokia PureView running Android.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Plan A is not about phones, it's about ecosystems. (and yes, some people here don't like the word ecosystem). Plan A is to cooperate with MS creating a third ecosystem. Obviously there is no plan B, Nokia cannot create [a competitive] ecosystem for high end smartphones on their own, they tried and failed (Symbian, Maemo).

Nokia needs to lower the prices for Lumias. If they don't, WP will be gone forever, but Nokia will not be gone. As it looks right now (extremely regrettably I must admit) is that in one year we will see the first Nokia PureView running Android.
Give nitdroid guys a week after pureview is released... you'll see pureview running android faster than you think

Originally Posted by specc View Post
If they don't, WP will be gone forever ... As it looks right now (extremely regrettably I must admit) is that in one year we will see the first Nokia PureView running Android.
so no downside there then!

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
If you're referring to the 1 billion $ bribe, well, that was burned within just one (!) quarter. WP has been nothing but a big loss for Nokia till now. But since it's the last remaining option on the table, Nokia has to eat it, or die trying.
Not actually. It is supposed to be paid by Microsoft over 4 quarters at US$250 million per quarter. The first bribe was paid in Q4 2011. The second should have just been paid. I take it that Nokia's mega losses are despite these payouts.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen