Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
TEAR IS AMAZING!!!

I've owned my N810 for a few days now, and already have been thoroughly fed up by microB. Installing tear has been transformational! The browser is fast, well featured, and has a great sensibility about the distribution of its features. This is hands down the BEST mobile browser that I've yet used, even in its pre-releasee state. This is the browser that nokia should have shipped with the n810.

Keep up the great work! I'll keep suggestions to myself unless someone has interest in them. Tear has become my default browser, and I look forward to updates in the future!

PS. I'm composing this message in Tear!

YARR!
}:^)~

Caperoo

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
This seems rather cool: https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/w...il/007253.html

(Short version: An ARM-optimized version of some recent improvements to WebKit's JavaScript engine, improving performance on the NITs and other ARM devices.)

How about whipping up a libwebkit build with this? It's supposed to be fairly stable (it's passing the WebKit regression test suite, anyway).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
It doesn't look like a joke, that's a good start

No . To provide some background: George Staikos (see the staikos.net domain the repository is hosted under) is one of the original KDE KHTML/KJS (which WebKit is derived from) developers, and one of the original people involved in bringing WebKit back to that platform via the Qt backend and integration. That explains the repository.

Last edited by Sho; 2009-04-02 at 18:35.

I just hope it can be applied on the one month old WebKit we're using

I await reports of your attempt with bated breath ...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Tear is one of the best applications for maemo. It has already replaced the default webbrowser on my N810.
Keep up the good work!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
ok, i just did a quick comparison between webkit 40663 and 41137, and the latter is clearly slower on the same page.

could others try the same test to see if its something broken on my end or not?

just pick a random page, and try to load it in both versions.

Which version of 41137? I also have a version with vfp and softfp enabled (as were the first builds, I can upload it tonight for tests (it doesn't have the GMail crash fix though). You can also test with the 770 version.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
-3, tho i didnt notice any large diff between that and the 770 one in a earlier test.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:

Tags
brower, browser, browserd fix, khtml, microb alternative, microb killer, tear, webkit, www