Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by billmania View Post
I came from the Linux world, but had to instead install "sysklogd". I didn't have to reboot the N900 after executing "apt-get install sysklogd".
Yep. The instructions are here.

MfE-specific pages are here.

Guys, if I have not replied to anybody, let me know. I have processed quite many posts in one shot and could miss certain posts unintentionally.

But keep in mind - I am not marketing guy and is not planning to switch engineering position to the marketing position

Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
BTW, where is the repository/development page for mfefolders? Want to contribute and translate the UI into my mother tongue. At least. Never been a python programmer, but I hope my Tcl/Tk and perl skills will help me a little
MfEfolders garage page
Actually there's not too much of an UI to translate, maybe the "Save" button :-)

(Note to self: have to look into Maemo/Python i18n)
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THavoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by dboreham View Post
I can answer that because we coded up a special mode where we can respond to a device as if it supports multiple calendars (a la iPhone), even if normally the service wouldn't. I tried that with the N900 and unfortunately no luck -- the device's MfE only supports syncing one calendar. Perhaps the MfE developers can add this feature. It wouldn't be too hard I think since MfE already has the necessary folder support for email, and the device has multiple calendars.
So is this going to come for mFE ?
Having multiple calendars on the N900 is pretty useless, if it can't pull down multiple calendars via exchange..

Hi,
I had MfE working until this morning when my N900 informed me of a Maemo update.
After the update MfE is now unable to syncronise, usually giving me "The Exchange Server Is Not Responding".
I have verified the Exchange server is on by putting my Sim card back in my N97 and syncronising MfE on that with no issues.
I've also verified that the N900 is internet connected and that I'm able to browse, demonstrating not connectivity issues.

To say I'm a little unhappy at this is a bit of an understatement, especially since it was such a ball ache to get MfE working in the 1st place.

Any help appreciated

Originally Posted by djmarkm View Post
Hi,
I had MfE working until this morning when my N900 informed me of a Maemo update.
After the update MfE is now unable to syncronise, usually giving me "The Exchange Server Is Not Responding".
Could you check your settings? Are they correct? Especially, the server name and the port.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. The update you have received does not contain anything MfE-specific.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Could you check your settings? Are they correct? Especially, the server name and the port.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. The update you have received does not contain anything MfE-specific.
Settings haven't changed.
Have even deleted the MfE account and recreated it. Before posting here
No Joy.

And this update does have MfE changes in it. Previous version you were able to sync Calender AND/OR tasks but now these 2 have been lumped together so that you have to sync both. (My previous config was for Calender and E-mail only as I don't want to sync Tasks or Contacts). Although this particular chage may not be connected to my issues it still shows the MfE changes have been made and distributed in this update.

**Update**
I'm trying an Initial Sync. I'm watching the IIS logs for our activesync instance and am seeing the device connect so it's obviously not connectivity.

Abbreviated sample of the IIS log is

15:13:02 POST /Microsoft-Server-Activesync/default.eas CMD=Sync&DeviceID... etc
15:13:10 OPTIONS
15:13:16 POST /Microsoft-Server-Activesync/default.eas CMD=FolderSync&DeviceID... etc
15:14:19 POST /Microsoft-Server-Activesync/default.eas CMD=Sync&DeviceID... etc
15:16:09 POST /Microsoft-Server-Activesync/default.eas CMD=Sync&DeviceID... etc

I then get "Echange Server Is not Responding" on the device

If you want the full log lines I can get them to you but dont want to post them on a public forum

Last edited by djmarkm; 2010-01-11 at 15:21.

OK, the first post on this thread tells me in context of MS Exchange 2003:

"Wait for Software update"

Ok, it might be ok if something is not working and is getting to be fixed. With in later post I can read:

"Exchange 2003 support has been implemented, so it's down to when they're releasing it (I've not heard it having been fixed in the PR1.1 RC). I've no idea who's responsible for deciding that - doesn't seem to be the developers though.

And today there was an Maemo 5 Update - after a very long time of useless of my N900. And what? Still not working. What is going on here, guys wake up - this MfE 2003 Bug is critical and you've lost another customer. It is not acceptable in any way. Also no information what is this update for. Honestly, this is the best way to lose premium paying customers, because they expect the service and not only the hardware. I'm really sorry but the fruit company is doing it much better.

Oh btw, the problem: Synchronising is still not working but I would not have more to add to describe the bug (already in this forum for a too long time).

I really hope this is going to fix within one week, otherwise I'll return my device.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
The latest firmware update is only a minor one, containing required updates in order for the full PR1.1 update to be rolled out (and a few minor fixes).

Honestly, I can't listen to this anymore that the update is coming soon. Also I'm very long working within Linux environment and I've never heard of "minor update" to prepare the big one.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!