Active Topics

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Social security number of your dentist's aunt has propably more to do with shipping priority than any number you got from Jolla.
Sure, we should add a variable in the spreadsheet. But from the data we have gathered so far, well, order number actually does not seem that bad to predict shipping queue.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by davidoz View Post
a lot are picking, few shipped this is point
Quite so. I think there is still a problem.

Last edited by strongm; 2013-12-15 at 00:55.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
quite frankly, I understand the technical difficulties with handling thousands of orders in short time.
But, honestly, Iam not very happy - promises were made - and not very supportive updates from Jolla, two days ago I recieved an email basically saying : If you recieved your phone or tracking number, be happy, if not - we have no clue when you will get it.
My order have been "Paid" since nov 27th. and One thing for sure, very doubtfull it will arrive in DK by december.

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Quite so. I think there is still a problem.
I don't think there is a problem really anymore, other than limited time and Jolla following a non-priority order in shipping out the orders. There was some unknown delay to get the shipping started, but I don't think that necessarily applies anymore other than them being later than intended. They seem to be advanding as fast as they can.

I can see Cybette active in liking posts in this thread, but clearly Jolla has chosen to not inform us about actual progress or actual process of the shippings so we are left guessing.

I think so far the best guess is Kabouik's and mine. During the webshop invitations, Jolla started losing the pre-order order, not sending them out in order at least for some people so people didn't get the chance to confirm their orders in roughly the pre-order order.

Then to make things worse, Jolla stopped respecting the pre-order order when shipping, instead mostly seem to use the webshop order sequence. Add to this the delays in the shipping process overall, and that Wave 2 orders and non-orders could be picked from DNA stores, you have the mess we are in.

As a result, we still have people who ordered Day 1, Wave 1 and are stuck in the Paid purgatory. We can hope time is enough for Christmas deliveries, but in reality we have little information to go by to confirm that hope. The order numbers would suggest that they can reach those 3000-4000 ranges in time, so hopefully. Who knows how many orders they actually have and how fast they actually are progressing.

As for not turning from In Picking to Shipped, maybe that has to do with other delays - or weekend? Some have said they received their package before it turned into Shipped. It can be that In Picking is the most reliable indicator of shipping getting near.

TL;TR: I don't think there is necessarily anything new wrong, just the after effects of the initial shipping delay and then (more seriously, in my view) the order fullfilment sequence gone wrong.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Code:
The order numbers would suggest that they can reach those 3000-4000 ranges in time
hmm not so I would say. I have order#24Xx

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
quite frankly, I understand the technical difficulties with handling thousands of orders in short time.
But, honestly, Iam not very happy - promises were made - and not very supportive updates from Jolla, two days ago I recieved an email basically saying : If you recieved your phone or tracking number, be happy, if not - we have no clue when you will get it.
My order have been "Paid" since nov 27th. and One thing for sure, very doubtfull it will arrive in DK by december.
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Code:
The order numbers would suggest that they can reach those 3000-4000 ranges in time
hmm not so I would say. I have order#24Xx
Lack of information is certainly a big problem - and a disappointment that Jolla decided to be so "corporate" about this, instead of being Unlike.

But I think the image has been re-constructed quite accurately, thanks to the Excel and other observations and analysis from many people.

Jolla is probably processing pre-orders of few thousands and are currently somewhere in the 2000 something range in the webshop order sequence. They basically have one working week to fulfill another 1000-2000 orders.

Of course we don't know how many orders there are in total, but considering that so far the webshop order sequence has held on pretty accurately according to the Excel, it would at least seem like those on the higher 2000 plus the 3000-4000 ranges could be hopeful of turning into In Picking before next Friday.

We have Jolla's statement that everyone will get theirs for Christmas, but it is hard to say how reliable that information is without more accurate information. They have deliberately given out so vague statements, including the one where they said if you paid by the 2nd, we are putting stamps on your package now (soon a week ago), which clearly was not really the case.

Ironically, in Finland, you could place orders in the DNA operator webshop on Friday and get a delivery faster than you could by ordering from Jolla, for some, on Day 1, Wave 1.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yes, there is still issues like people ordering first day. But the login creds to shop doesn't work. Jolla care seems to be able to help those customers. That's weak. Hope jolla solve this issue for next release.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-15 at 08:56.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by b.cloanta View Post
Hello. Calm down guys everything he will be ok
In transit
ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX, FR

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by b.cloanta View Post
Hello. Calm down guys everything he will be ok
Of course that is good information. Thank you for it. Solid further proof that the order shipments are progressing, also to foreign destinations.

Then again, "Calm down guys everything he will be ok" might not be the most polite thing to say to people ordering Day 1, Wave 1 who are still stuck at Paid, as your bit of information doesn't really go anyway into proving everyone will get theirs for Christmas - let alone diminish the now indisputable fact that pre-order priority was not honored.

You don't really know everything will be OK. All you can report is that you have received yours.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Lack of information is certainly a big problem - and a disappointment that Jolla decided to be so "corporate" about this, instead of being Unlike.
Hi!

No offense, but could you give me an example about how Jolla could be more "open" and "Unlike" about this? I mean, what would we have them do - tweet every time they get a package ready? To me, every moment they spend "communicating" at this point is a moment delaying my shipment. They said they had some problems - does it really matter what problems these were exactly? They have also said that we shouldn't read too much into the web shop orders status - updating it is not their main concern right now and there are examples proving this - so every attempt of making sense of the order is almost based on thin air at the moment.
I personally am fine with the information they have given and wouldn't need or want more, as long as I can see that things are moving.

Last edited by 243kof; 2013-12-15 at 10:01. Reason: Typo

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post: