Notices

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Thats the overall idea man. N900 has huge onscreen space and that can be used in a simple yet functional way like the one in my suggestion.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
It's not like there'll suddenly be more rows/lines visible.

How now will you know which of the two colums to scroll for a particular contact/group chat? In the end, you'll still do a lot of redundant scrolling, unless you go with BlazingBird's original idea of separating the chat columns by group/contact, which also has its own problems.

Hey, don't want to hinder progress as far as UI is concerned, but don't we also want to follow the Fremantle UI design guidelines?

Maybe portrait mode is a slightly better goal?

Or, look at the phone application, when you want to choose a contact from your phone book ... It lets you find them quickly by either typing the contact name (landscape), or choosing the alphabet from the given groups (portrait).

I guess this Fremantle-UI-guidelines-compliant layout should help reduce scrolling for those with many contacts in a way that two columns alone cannot.

Anyway, I'm not a UI guy, but thought I'd add my two cents into this UI discussion.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
You got a point there. The two panes were merely to categorize and sort both the chats.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
It's not like there'll suddenly be more rows/lines visible.

How now will you know which of the two colums to scroll for a particular contact/group chat? In the end, you'll still do a lot of redundant scrolling, unless you go with BlazingBird's original idea of separating the chat columns by group/contact, which also has its own problems.
Oh, my idea was not to made both columns separate: just reorganizing open conversations in a 2xN grid, instead of a 1xN.

But I think you have a pretty good point about hildon style guides.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
@Ceene, Can you look into the guidelines and try to implement the same UI within those guide. The maximum we can make it maemo style and much more richer its better.

We can also have our favorites at the top. A feature tht marks favorite contacts and keeps to the top. Its very disturbing every time i have to scroll down and search.

Nice UI but for people like me that have the ghost contact bug and (this one shuold have it all) when someone sends "you" a whatsapp broadcast message, that message came in form of "group", you can delete that message but canīt leave the group or delete that conversation.

So you have like a lot of stuff on the create chat window that you don't want.

The ghost contact disappears once you sync and quit (but cames again with time).

The broadcast message stay, so if that bug isn't fix it, imagine how many groups windows you will have.

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Ok I was unbanned and updatet to 2.10

Every time I start I see the "Connecting" and the "Logged In" Status, but now he skipps the "Connected" Status.
Sometimes when I start Yappari i don't recieve the messages.
I have to restart 2-3 times and then I get them.

Status Changing is still not possible...after restart you get the "I am using Yappari" status

I have the same issues. And sometimes it just doesnt connect. have to restart. Probably these bugs will be taken care of in the next update i hope.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by rusuck View Post
Ok I was unbanned and updatet to 2.10

Every time I start I see the "Connecting" and the "Logged In" Status, but now he skipps the "Connected" Status.
Sometimes when I start Yappari i don't recieve the messages.
I have to restart 2-3 times and then I get them.

Status Changing is still not possible...after restart you get the "I am using Yappari" status
sudo chmod -R 777 .yappari will fix your status problem...
It fixed mine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari