Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Is there something I don't know?
Yup, there is

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Yup, there is
Is the webkit selection functionality the reason you're popping up the main menu on 'key-release-event' instead of 'key-press-event'? Just curious.

Yup, I also had to position it by hand since I didn't find another way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Yup, I also had to position it by hand since I didn't find another way.
Thanks.

widget.get_toplevel().window.get_origin() is your friend.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Although the menu key permits short selecting, I still can't select text that runs for more than one screen. Is there a way to do that currently, or planned? If not, the problem could largely be remedied by a Select All menu choice.

Here's a samplehttp://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/ma...gewanted=print of what I couldn't select all of:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/ma...gewanted=print

(I'd like a Select All option in any event, I guess.)

(Also, in this very post, I couldn't select the word "sample" and then tap the Link button without losing the highlighting -- pretty trivial issue, but I thought I'd mention it since it's staring me in the face.)

There was a select all option before I change the context menu to use the internal webkit one. I can add it again of course.

Please do a bug report.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
There was a select all option before I change the context menu to use the internal webkit one. I can add it again of course.

Please do a bug report.
Good time, I guess, to mention that I find the current context menu pointless and annoying. Reload and Go Back are plenty convenient at the bottom near the address bar; and it always seems to pop up when I'm trying to get the other, useful context menu to Open Link in a New Window.

(I'll do a bug report when I'm on a full computer.)

They are the same context menu. I don't have access to the insides of the web_view and i can't get a link click notification without heavily modifying it and I already have too much to do in it anyway, so I decided to leave the context menu to them and just add some items here and there when needed. I'm not sure if I can remove an item and currently I don't see the point in that.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Bundyo: Had any time to look at the ARM JIT?

No, not JIT time yet.

I'm in the middle of something and I prefer to finish it before I turn my attention to the JIT. Of course I'm not the only one that can apply patches to webkit so maybe someone else can do it meanwhile. If not, then me later.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2009-04-04 at 21:48.

Tags
brower, browser, browserd fix, khtml, microb alternative, microb killer, tear, webkit, www