Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ lagos, Nigeria
Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
my maccadress was blank because i never had macccahnger installed as for other issues have you got osso wlan installed ??
oh! i will check that. when i downloaded the bleeding edge driver i saw it say the osso wlan is optional.

Can anyone tell me, what approximate distance should it be in cracking wep/wpa keys?

Can anyone tells me, what approximate distance should it be in cracking wep/wpa keys?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Thanks Frumm!
I will start working on all this once I can. If possible can you explain what tools (development tools/on PC) you used for this.
I have been discussing the cloud brute force with a friend into all that.
He has a serve we can test on (I have unlimited internet [not fast]) and if we want to get NERDY we can use my PS3 for a server! 9cores, baby!! GO CELL!

I will try upload and use google.code for all my projects to keep it available for all to modify (svn maybe).
I just used QtDesigner to make the GUI, the rest was just python and bash scripts

Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
If you read the code for the enable injection button you can see that it loads the modified wifi drivers; hence the power kernel is not needed

Here is the direct quote from the first post :
------------------------ Prerequisites ----------------------------------------

Mostly the same as for my FAS script. You will need:
> PyQt
> Sudser
> Aircrack-ng
> John the Ripper
> Bleeding-edge packet injection drivers by lxp
> Macchanger (optional)
Yes, and one of the prerequisites for the bleeding-edge drivers is power kernel v46.

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Mr Frumm, have you got a link for QTDesigner?

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Yes, and one of the prerequisites for the bleeding-edge drivers is power kernel v46.
I told already StefanL that we need power kernel on faircrack but he believe that using normal kernel can works while using faircrack....that funny coming from user that using power kernel v46 on his own device giving advise to other user that normal kernel can work with faircrack..

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
You can use the normal OMAP kernel with aircrack. You do not need the bleeding edge or power kernel if you are not injecting.
You should not need if for WPA either (this just grabs a packet then john T R cracks away).

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
You can use the normal OMAP kernel with aircrack. You do not need the bleeding edge or power kernel if you are not injecting.
You should not need if for WPA either (this just grabs a packet then john T R cracks away).
Thanks, finally some real clarity on the issue. Now we can all go back and use and improve the great program that FruMMaGee put together for us.

Anybody able to provide some feed-back on whether my coding hacks work or don't work on their set-up . Pretty please please please .

The Following User Says Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:
Yes but if you don't inject for WPA the difference is that you could be waiting all day or more for the client to connect when you might or might not collect the required 4 way handshake.

However if you can inject and therefore you can deauth the connected client you can get the 4 way handshake in seconds.

At the moment there is no way to deauth the client using faircrack.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
I tried yesterday faircrack and after I installed macchanger it worked (it couldn't enable monitor mode). Today, I cannot enable monitor mode again and the mac address field is blank. I am neither able to set a specific address neither a random one.

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, epicfacepalm, pen testing, rtfm dude!