Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by RealJohnGalt View Post
Edit: piratepad updated finally with a new build (with official (older) ofono packages for fixed mobile data), and ota instructions (still slow due to a dbus issue I'm figuring out).

http://piratepad.net/bhP8fbzYgT
Did a clean install under Multirom. Went pretty well. Initial configuration done through my 4G connection. No issue to connect T-Mobile USA.

Tested so far
  • Wifi Works
  • 4G Works on T-Mobile USA
  • Bluetooth pairing worked with PC
  • Bluetooth filetransfer worked
  • Phone call worked
  • Much faster than CM11
  • Jolla Store works
  • Warehouse works
  • Camera - Photo and Video works
  • Camera flash seems to work

I could not apply the senorsfix2.zip because I have the TWRP v3.0.0 and it fails to find path to the zip file. It maybe the reason the screen orientation does not seem to rotate when set to auto.

So far it looks very very good guys. Congratulations!!!

And of course -- Thanks for your hard work!!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Did a clean install under Multirom. Went pretty well. Initial configuration done through my 4G connection. No issue to connect T-Mobile USA.

Tested so far
  • Wifi Works
  • 4G Works on T-Mobile USA
  • Bluetooth pairing worked with PC
  • Bluetooth filetransfer worked
  • Phone call worked
  • Much faster than CM11
  • Jolla Store works
  • Warehouse works
  • Camera - Photo and Video works
  • Camera flash seems to work

I could not apply the senorsfix2.zip because I have the TWRP v3.0.0 and it fails to find path to the zip file. It maybe the reason the screen orientation does not seem to rotate when set to auto.

So far it looks very very good guys. Congratulations!!!

And of course -- Thanks for your hard work!!!
Awesome! And thank you .

If you check the piratepad, there's a recommended twrp version for flashing the sensor fix. This will eventually be turned into a package (rpm) that remounts /system/ and replaces those files, then added to one of our patterns.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on May 2016 @ Českα Repuplika
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
I could not apply the senorsfix2.zip because I have the TWRP v3.0.0 and it fails to find path to the zip file.
Hi TWRP 3.0.0 can flash TWRP 2015.img in the lower right corner of the switch 😉

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pepa77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Awesome! And thank you .

If you check the piratepad, there's a recommended twrp version for flashing the sensor fix. This will eventually be turned into a package (rpm) that remounts /system/ and replaces those files, then added to one of our patterns.
Flashed older TWRP with fastboot and applied the sensorfix2.zip. The screen rotation seems to be working fine now.

Only issue I see so far is that the Cellular Network settings go back to default every time you reboot. It allows you to edit and save and it keeps the edit until reboot.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
blueslee found a major issue with OTA'ing from 2.0.0.10 to 2.0.1.11 using version --dup. I had tested ota'ing from 2.0.0.10 prior to releasing the instructions, but looking back in logs on that install, I had used zypper instead of version :/.

I need to have someone "patternise" the repo on mer obs, so in the mean time I changed the instructions to use zypper dup instead of version --dup.

Edit: If you did this, and have broken wlan or something else, don't run version --dup again. Instead, run zypper dup, and install all available updates.

blueslee, ty again for testing...even if you weren't explicitly testing this time.

Edit2: lbt "patternised" the project, but it hasn't taken effect yet. Waiting to find out when it will. In the mean time, I removed (yet again) the OTA instructions from the piratepad until the obs repo is patternised.

Regarding the cellular settings not sticking, this is a known issue on the older ofono that I'd forgotten about. Thank you.

Edit3: I edited the sailfish wiki for cm11 to no longer recommend OTAs due to the breakage in mobile data on hammerhead on new ofono.

Edit4: I've restructured the subprojects on my mer OBS home project. The packages required for using 2.0.1.11 jolla provided ofono are now in their own subproject, so cm11 users should be able to use them for ota'ing with working mobile data. I have not tested this, and cm12.1 is still my personal priority. If someone wants to and it works, I can re-edit the wiki.

Edit5: hammerhead cm11 wiki page updated to point to that common repo. ThePhxRises on xda confirmed this is a successful ota route for cm11 users, so they're back in business .

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-01 at 07:35.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Edit: piratepad updated finally with a new build (with official (older) ofono packages for fixed mobile data), and ota instructions (still slow due to a dbus issue I'm figuring out).

http://piratepad.net/bhP8fbzYgT
Link https://www.mediafiro.com/?2wtaz444yrl927q does not exist, anyone experience the same problem?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
Link https://www.mediafiro.com/?2wtaz444yrl927q does not exist, anyone experience the same problem?
At some point mediafire.com was edited to mediafiro.com, it's been fixed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Hello, I did update to cm12.1 but when I try to install some applications I get the following dependency error:
dep-resolution-failed, nothing provides libsailfishapp-launcher

where can I get that missing package?

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Did you refresh the sourceslist ?
e.g. run
Code:
devel-su pkcon refresh

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Did you refresh the sourceslist ?
e.g. run
Code:
devel-su pkcon refresh
Might also need to run "ssu dr adaptation0" prior. I have had a hard time editing piratepad recently. When we get the new repo patternised for OTA support again, I'll add a FAQ.

Regarding the newer ofono issue, GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! After sharing some logs with Monich, he discovered that our RIL doesn't support RIL_REQUEST_ALLOW_DATA. Support was recently implemented in commits targeting multi-sim device data switching, but lack of support isn't a big deal for us.

Within hours, monich provided a fix to test (https://git.merproject.org/slava/ofo...9198e652232b62), and it was successful.

This means we will have full support for 2.0.2.X down the road and a solution to the ofono mobile data breakage has been discovered.

Edit: once we get the new repo patternised for OTA support, I'll also add unsupported instructions and packages for those wishing to test out 2.0.2.45.

Edit2: monich opened a PR for mer ofono https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/...ge_requests/70

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-02 at 23:03.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post: