Active Topics

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
uhhh?? yey??? well im gonna get this one instead of any android device.....(almost purchased one).

i hope...well i wont hold my breath that this would be at least like an N900 with upgraded hardware.....or different

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I would only buy it if Nokia allowing the equal value trade-in of my N900.
Got my N900 for $479USD and If they want me to buy this then I'd swap. Not because I don't like N900 but I want something abit up to date.

Oh what the heck, N9 will be like a cheapy android I doubt it will worth more than $500USD at launch. Since all other Android (LG and SONY) dual cores are about that price. With all the rubbish hardware blast from the past, it will probably hard to take a flight.

Edit: My heart still set with SGSII

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2011-05-12 at 00:00.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
It will be Sisyphus all over again!

I just love it!

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by whayong View Post
I really just need turn by turn voice navigation and pentaband on m N900.
Pentaband? This is hexaband

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Didn't intel say as soon as Nokia said they are dropping meego the other manufacturers changed their minds about not making meego phones and started showing interest?
I think they didn't want to get involved with meego because of fear Nokia would have too much control over the OS.
If that's true then releasing this device and then dropping meego and standing back and watching where the other manufacturers are going to take meego and coming back into the game 2 years later if they have to drop microsoft or even start making dual boot phones would seem like a "keep your options open" strategy.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I'm just afraid that it'll come with that idiotic EDoF camera.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Don't forget that this is not MeeGo. It's Harmattan, which is Maemo with the MeeGo APIs. However they will be porting the MeeGo DE to the device, which could be used as a very good basis for a community supported platform (especially if the MeeGo project has rights to rebuild/redistribute any non-open bits.)

But any buy would happen ONLY if the above were true AND it significantly exceeded the N900's capabilities.
THis is incorrect. Quim has said that although the code is not entirely Meego it is also no where near Maemo. In reality it is more meego then maemo5. People need to just accept that.

Also,. Nokia plans to make it compatible with the official Meego builds so that it will get updates, etc..

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Pentaband? This is hexaband
I think the pentband reference is to umts.
If the n900 had 850/2100, I wouldn't be looking for a new device for another 5 years

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
I think the pentband reference is to umts.
If the n900 had 850/2100, I wouldn't be looking for a new device for another 5 years
According to the Engadget post, this is hexaband while others haven't even done pentaband yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland