Active Topics

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Heerlen, Netherlands
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
by mistake i typed wrong number, actually was confused to see two boxes for number. Now its asking for verification code and i dont have one, what to do next? please help
The problem will not be solved by re-installing the program. I tried it.
I have the code, bu i thought, perhaps it would help. Well, nothing changes after reinstalling: it still asks for the code.. and than gives the "unknown error"

Originally Posted by roshan.ramkumar View Post
hi...
Just wanted to know if it would work for the n9...and if it does how do you install it
I installed on my N9 but I used the .jar method, which isn't used anymore, no idea if it will work now its been packages as a .deb

Best advice is to just try it

Instead of typing sudo gainroot you need to type devel-su and the password is rootme

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

could please somebody explain me why people install the programs using X-terminal?

Why not just tapping the file and letting HAM do the work?

Because it's not the first time i see this, but i never understood why

Try using this .jar file and running it on your PC by double clicking it, then register this way, use the VOICE method.

Then go on your phone and do the Login method
Attached Files
File Type: zip whatsapp_n900.zip (184.1 KB, 1987 views)

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evgeniy1987 View Post
could please somebody explain me why people install the programs using X-terminal?

Installing via terminal allows you to see any errors that could occur such as dependency errors. Its also a lot faster then waiting around for HAM to do of its unnecessary refresh repos and clean and check for updates and then refresh repo again processes.

Finally, it allows something to be installed with root permission thus decreasing chances for permission errors in the future

My Contributions

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Lebanon

u r absolutely right
it is more easier
I tried it now

The problem will not be solved by re-installing the program. I tried it.
I have the code, bu i thought, perhaps it would help. Well, nothing changes after reinstalling: it still asks for the code.. and than gives the "unknown error"
the java-program remembers their state in your home-directory: ~/.java/.userprefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/prefs.xml or something..
If you rename that file, whatsapp lost his settings and you can try again, but I don't know is anything goes wrong (on the whatsapp-servers) if you do that...

The Following User Says Thank You to zwevert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Installing via terminal allows you to see any errors that could occur such as dependency errors. Its also a lot faster then waiting around for HAM to do of its unnecessary refresh repos and clean and check for updates and then refresh repo again processes.

Finally, it allows something to be installed with root permission thus decreasing chances for permission errors in the future
like 9gag people would say, "seems legit"

thank you for the explanation! I allready thought in that direction, but didn't know for sure

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I installed on my N9 but I used the .jar method, which isn't used anymore, no idea if it will work now its been packages as a .deb

Best advice is to just try it

Instead of typing sudo gainroot you need to type devel-su and the password is rootme
hi thanks for replying..
i tried it with the terminal with the commands posted in the beginning..it showed some errors ...

could you tell me about the jar method and the commands exactly..?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Can you guys having problems with activation actually read the first post that was nicely put up by peter? It clearly says you'll have to activate (verify) your account ON YOUR FRIGGIN DESKTOP USING VOICE, NOT ON THE DEVICE ITSELF. SMS NO WORKEE.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatscrapp!