Notices

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Just, fyi, the maemo.org logo with the gradient isn't valid. Use one from the trademark page instead.

The ".org" part of the logo isn't really visible, which is kind of a no-no, too.

Just made myself an alias for my PC..

alias bluemaemo='sudo hidd --connect BT_ADDR'

So now I just type bluemaemo everytime i want to connect

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
well it works pretty good with my xp laptop and n810 keyboard.
Need better mapping of shift etc.
This was typed using my N810 and the display on my laptop.

Also - make the numbers go 1 to 0.
got to get it working w the PS3

/edit tried w/ PS3 and PS3 USB hardwired to sony contoller still get pairing error.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Last edited by gemniii42; 2008-10-19 at 19:05.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post

Ok, it is in diablo extras. I see you have 3 repositories for extras, you certainly have no need for the chinook one + you have two others left. disable the non-diablo one.
.... ? I only have 2 "extras" repos, one for Chinook and one for Diablo. I have no idea where you got the idea that I have 3...

And, I did need the chinook one when Diablo first came out, because they're (supposedly/mostly) compatible, and there was still lots of stuff that was only in the Chinook catalogs and not in Diablo catalogs. If that has changed, and everything that's Diablo compatible has been copied from Chinook catalogs to Diablo catalogs, then I'd be happy to remove the Chinook ones. But not until then.

Though, looking at what packages I want and need, I suppose these are the only things I need to have listed in Diablo catalogs before I can dump the Chinook ones: openssh-client, vncviewer, omweather, osso-statusbar-cpu. I'll assume that personal-launcher is already in Diablo catalogs :-)

(the other things I have installed, that I care about, are mcalendar, privoxy, rhapsody, and skype, though I don't really seem to use rhapsody and skype that much)

I suppose maybe I will install canola at some point, as I might start watching movies on my NIT sometime soon ... but right now, PMP stuff is not really why I own my NIT.

Originally Posted by Felixx View Post
I have the same issue connecting to my OS X Leopard macbook
There was an earlier attempt to do a "NIT as bt keyboard" app, xbtkbd or something? It had the same problem with OS X. From what I recall, OS X expects a slightly different HID mode for keyboards (boot mode or start mode or something? I don't have the technical details, so I don't know what code needs to change to make it work).

Without that, it doesn't accept the keyboard for input. It will pair with it, see that it's a keyboard, but not actually work with it.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, have apple done so to only make the apple keyboards work?

would not be the first time, as they pulled something similar with the external optical drive for the macbook air. a custom controller chip or something of that nature.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
Hi all,
I workaround the dependency problem using blue pill mode for installing all required dependencies.

Regards

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by qole View Post
allnameswereout: I still don't think you get it. This turns your N8*0 into a bluetooth input device (keyboard / mouse) for a bluetooth-enabled PC. This isn't a replacement for VNC; you don't see the remote desktop on your tablet or anything...
Yeah, and you don't want to see it either. You only want to control the remote device. You can control the remote device, and Fennec can run on a non-N810 as well. So say you use the NIT to control the remote computer. My point here is: if you run applications on the remote computer made for touch screen (like Fennec instead of Firefox) you greatly improve the control/usability.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
hmm, have apple done so to only make the apple keyboards work?
It's not a matter of "non-apple" bt keyboards. I have a freedom mini-duo keyboard that I can pair and use just fine (in HID mode) on my
iMac. I'm pretty sure my iGo will work with it too.

(interestingly, the freedom mini-duo will NOT work with my NIT)

I'm pretty sure it's a known/documented aspect of the Bluetooth HID profile, it's just not an aspect that seems to be in the open source BT stacks.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Yeah, and you don't want to see it either. You only want to control the remote device. You can control the remote device, and Fennec can run on a non-N810 as well. So say you use the NIT to control the remote computer. My point here is: if you run applications on the remote computer made for touch screen (like Fennec instead of Firefox) you greatly improve the control/usability.
Fennec on a PC controlled by BlueMaemo... And what would be the intention behind that?

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid