Notices

i love this app, think if it could be Gps and why not camera intergrated, use the camera and point to the stars and it tell you what you see
is that possible?

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
I'm certainly no expert regarding this and I too had the same problem. All I can tell you is to go through each of these steps (don't skip any and read carefully and maybe do it after you've slept). That's what I did to get it to work:

1.) Go to Applications Manager --> UnInstall and make sure there is not a copy of Stellarium installed. If so, uninstall.

2.) Enable Extras-Devel Repository (proceed at your own risk)

3.) In Terminal as root, run:

apt-get install libqt4-maemo5-core libqt4-maemo5-opengl libqt4-maemo5-network libqt4-maemo5-gui libqt4-maemo5-script libqt4-maemo5-svg libqt4-maemo5-test libqt4-maemo5-xml libqt4-maemo5-dbus libgles1 libgles1-sgx-img libgles2 libgles2-sgx-img opengles-sgx-img-common

4.) cd MyDocs/.documents/downloads

5.) dpkg -i stellarium_0.10.3r4182-1_armel.deb

Good luck!
Hello, this works perfect until I have to go to the download Folder

cd MyDocs/.documents/downloads

I dont have this And I can also not find anywhere the file:
stellarium_0.10.3r4182-1_armel.deb

Anyone a idea?

BR

Wolfpac

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
@wolfpac72
You need to download stellarium using the internal browser, which will automatically save it in MyDocs/.documents/downloads

The Following User Says Thank You to rcastberg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rcastberg View Post
@wolfpac72
You need to download stellarium using the internal browser, which will automatically save it in MyDocs/.documents/downloads
Oh yeah thats a real bad one
Sorry for that. I really misssed that one
I feel so stupid

BR

Wolfpac

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
Originally Posted by suihkulokki View Post
For faster rendering in fullscreen mode, compositing can be disabled. See the following example for howto:

http://wiki.maemo.org/SimpleGL_example
I really really wish I knew what that means, more over I wish I had the time to find out

Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
Giving me an install error, with dependency libqt4-maemo5-maemo5. It says it conflicts it and wont let me install.
I've got also an Install Error with dependency libqt4-maemo5-phonon.
Is it possible to find the installed program using this lib to uninstall it and to install Stellarium properly?
Or is there an other way to update only the lib libqt4-maemo5-phonon?

Looking forward for any help

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by starman View Post
I really really wish I knew what that means, more over I wish I had the time to find out
Don't worry, it's a technical hint to the developers. Not for users.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by Butcherswe View Post
i love this app, think if it could be Gps and why not camera intergrated, use the camera and point to the stars and it tell you what you see
is that possible?
+1 for that! Should we vote here, or should we vote on Stellarium.org?

I can't install it, I get the following conflicts:

libqt4-maemo5-phonon
libqt4-maemo5-maemo5
libqt4-maemo5-xmlpatterns

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Note to end users: if you want to install Stellarium the easiest way is to simply enable the Extras-devel repository and install it just like any other app. Once you are done, disable Extras-devel and give a try to the app.

BUT READ THIS BEFORE: http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel

After playing a bit with it: looks promising but it's nowhere ready for pure end users. Be prepared to get your system between slow and stuck, having to reboot to bring your system up to speed again.

I had to run it 2-3 cops before getting it working properly. Weird, it looks like it runs a bit better every time you boot it?

Don't get me wrong: this is just amazing and Big Thank You to the people working on this. Said that, it is not ready for end users and you can help making this clear to everybody interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: