Active Topics

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Strange... I just checked headphonefix 0.3 on my N9 with PR1.3 and it seems to work as expected.
I also received a report from a friend of mine that it doesn’t work on his N9 too.
I don’t know yet why it may happen. May be there are some hardware differences...

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
Strange... I just checked headphonefix 0.3 on my N9 with PR1.3 and it seems to work as expected.
I also received a report from a friend of mine that it doesn’t work on his N9 too.
I don’t know yet why it may happen. May be there are some hardware differences...
icic. Do u think this is a hardware issue?? it is meant to switch the mode automatically when headphone is plugged in without using any app so i wonder if there is any design faults in our n9s.

anyway thanks, please keep us up to date regarding to your friends n9 if you dont mind.

I think it is hardware issue or at least so lowlevel driver-related software bug that can be considered as hardware one.

I have 2 resons why I think it is hardware:
1. Sometimes when I move and rotate headset connector in the plug it suddenly got recognized by device. This is much like that audio plug has poor electric contact.
2. My friend mentioned above reports his N9 works perfectly with Nokia’s headset, but doesn’t work with his KOSS headphones.

I think some electric contact in audio plug that must report connecting/disconnecting doesn’t work while other contacts that actually transmit sound still works. My application just simulates connection/disconnection events.

I have no idea why it doesn’t work... May be contact is so poor that sound doesn’t work too. May be some other reason. This app is pretty hacky and my knowledge of the root couse is very poor...

oh yehh!! your app works on my phone now!! I just turn on Dev mode and installed a bunch of dev tools on the phone and it works. =D

I wasn't convinced that it was hardware problem cause your app just calls out the mode switching event (headphone connected or not) so it should at least switch mode on my phone regardless + the fact my phone actually switches mode when i restart it with headphone plugged in shows that it is compatible.

anyway im happy with switching it manually with your app so thanks a lot again.

May be I’m wrong saying that it is hardware... I’m not sure though

Glad that it working now! But I have no idea why Dev mode helped The app seems not to have any external dependancies...

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
May be I’m wrong saying that it is hardware... I’m not sure though

Glad that it working now! But I have no idea why Dev mode helped The app seems not to have any external dependancies...
haha me neither

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Montevideo, Uruguay
Hi, I'm a recent member of the forum, but followed various proyects in the last 5 months since I bought my black N9 without being one.

I installed the deb without problems but it doesn't work. I'm running PR1.2 at the moment.

Would appreciate if someone could give some help....

Thanks,

Fernando.

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
fbascou, seems then like you have hardware malfuntion.
when you start app, and switch to headphones, does it produce anything on earphones? even something like tap?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Montevideo, Uruguay
No sound when switching to headphones. The only sound is when I plug them in, its like a tsch that sounds twice. Thanks for any help. BTW, the earphones are Sennheiser CX 680i Sports with mic.

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by fbascou View Post
No sound when switching to headphones. The only sound is when I plug them in, its like a tsch that sounds twice. Thanks for any help. BTW, the earphones are Sennheiser CX 680i Sports with mic.
if there's "tsch" then your headphones are making issue, have you tried any other type?
as i saw this headphones have some sort of buttons (volume and music) that might be reason why there's no support/sound for them

The Following User Says Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post: