Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Hi, no that one was based on the LPR1.2 release (or thereabouts anyway - the date of the rootstrap was 30th March). The latest rootstrap can be found here

http://repository.maemo.org/stable/f...19-1_armel.tgz

I think the right set of commands to make the rootstrap image into a working SDK ext2 image would go something like this, assuming you downloaded the rootstrap image into /home/user/MyDocs again:

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-v1_2.img.ext2 count=2097152
mkfs.ext2 /home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-v1_2.img.ext2 -m 1 -L maemo-sdk-v1_2
mkdir /floppy
qmount /home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-v1_2.img.ext2 /floppy
7z x /home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-rootstrap_5.0_10.2010.19-1_armel.tgz -o/floppy
cd /floppy
tar -xvf maemo-sdk-rootstrap_5.0_10.2010.19-1_armel.tar
rm -r maemo-sdk-rootstrap_5.0_10.2010.19-1_armel.tar
mkdir dev
mkdir dev/pts
mkdir dev/shm
mkdir usr/share/X11
mkdir usr/share/X11/xkb
mkdir var/run/dbus
mkdir var/lib/dbus
mkdir var/run/pulse
cp /bin/busybox bin/
cp /etc/hosts etc/
cp /etc/ld.so.conf etc/
CHROOT=/floppy synchroot
echo "exit 101" > usr/sbin/policy-rc.d
echo "deb http://repository.maemo.org/ fremantle/<your token code here> nokia-binaries" >> etc/apt/sources.list
qumount /floppy
mkdir /sdk
qchroot /home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-v1_2.img.ext2 /sdk
apt-get update
apt-get install nokia-binaries

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tigerite For This Useful Post:
As for

Code:
dpkg -l | grep qt
... after installing the nokia binaries I installed the Qt Mobility pack via

Code:
apt-get install libqtm-dev
So the command returns the following for me:

Code:
ii  libqt4-core                                      4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5  Qt 4 core module
ii  libqt4-dbus                                      4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5  Qt 4 D-Bus module
ii  libqt4-gui                                       4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5  Qt 4 GUI module
ii  libqt4-multimedia                                4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5  Qt 4 Multimedia Libraries
ii  libqt4-network                                   4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5  Qt 4 network module
ii  libqt4-opengl                                    4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5  Qt 4 OpenGL module
ii  libqt4-sql                                       4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5  Qt 4 SQL module
ii  libqt4-xml                                       4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5  Qt 4 XML module
ii  libqtm-bearer                                    1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility Bearer module
ii  libqtm-contacts                                  1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility contacts module
ii  libqtm-dev                                       1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility development files
ii  libqtm-location                                  1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility location module
ii  libqtm-messaging                                 1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility messaging module
ii  libqtm-multimedia                                1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility multimedia module
ii  libqtm-publishsubscribe                          1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility publish and subscribe module
ii  libqtm-serviceframework                          1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility service framework module
ii  libqtm-systeminfo                                1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility system information module
ii  libqtm-versit                                    1:1.0.0-maemo1+0m5             Qt Mobility versit module
ii  libtelepathy-qt4-0                               0.2.0-2maemo5+0m5              Telepathy framework - Qt 4 library
ii  qtm-modest-plugin                                0.0.2-3+0m5                    Qt-Mobility Plugin for Modest
The Perl warnings are just because locales are missing, and aren't important. You could probably copy the locale folder from /usr/share after qmount and before qchroot if you really wanted to, but they can safely be ignored.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Also dpkg-buildpackage -b says Perl: warning setting locale failed, however the process goes on but this message keeps popping. Thanks
I don't know much about this stuff, but maybe someone can try this suggestion and report back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
It's a nice idea, but unfortunately I don't believe locale-gen is present on the N900 (and thus can't be copied into the SDK).. and it's not within busybox either.

Originally Posted by Tigerite View Post
It's a nice idea, but unfortunately I don't believe locale-gen is present on the N900 (and thus can't be copied into the SDK).. and it's not within busybox either.
Yeah, it's in debconf, but the version of debconf for some reason is a subset of the lenny debconf. For instance, /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/Dialog.pm isn't in Maemo 5's debconf. If anyone has an explanation I would like to hear it.

I found

/usr/lib/cdebconf/dpkg-reconfigure

in the lenny armel cdebconf package.

EDIT:

Doh! It's also in lenny debconf.

Last edited by daperl; 2010-06-05 at 18:40.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
sorry my very limited time has been divided between fixing the keyboard in Easy Debian after PR 1.2 stole our power button workaround, and trying to get dbus-switchboard working for the N900...

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Tigerite View Post
Hi, no that one was based on the LPR1.2 release (or thereabouts anyway - the date of the rootstrap was 30th March). The latest rootstrap can be found here

http://repository.maemo.org/stable/f...19-1_armel.tgz

I think the right set of commands to make the rootstrap image into a working SDK ext2 image would go something like this, assuming you downloaded the rootstrap image into /home/user/MyDocs again:

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-v1_2.img.ext2 count=2097152
mkfs.ext2 /home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-v1_2.img.ext2 -m 1 -L maemo-sdk-v1_2
mkdir /floppy
qmount /home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-v1_2.img.ext2 /floppy
7z x /home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-rootstrap_5.0_10.2010.19-1_armel.tgz -o/floppy
cd /floppy
tar -xvf maemo-sdk-rootstrap_5.0_10.2010.19-1_armel.tar
rm -r maemo-sdk-rootstrap_5.0_10.2010.19-1_armel.tar
mkdir dev
mkdir dev/pts
mkdir dev/shm
mkdir usr/share/X11
mkdir usr/share/X11/xkb
mkdir var/run/dbus
mkdir var/lib/dbus
mkdir var/run/pulse
cp /bin/busybox bin/
cp /etc/hosts etc/
cp /etc/ld.so.conf etc/
CHROOT=/floppy synchroot
echo "exit 101" > usr/sbin/policy-rc.d
echo "deb http://repository.maemo.org/ fremantle/<your token code here> nokia-binaries" >> etc/apt/sources.list
qumount /floppy
mkdir /sdk
qchroot /home/user/MyDocs/maemo-sdk-v1_2.img.ext2 /sdk
apt-get update
apt-get install nokia-binaries
Hi,
I did exactly what's mentioned here and successfully qchroot'ed to /sdk but then I found that there are lot of *-dev packages missing, libhal-dev to be the first one and some others which I still am not able to resolve(I'm using /usr/include/X11/extensions/XTest.h in my header). As I'm not sure which particular *-dev is this under I've done apt-get install lib*-dev, x11proto-* but still I'm getting "ERROR: X11/extensions/XInput.h: No such file or directory".
Also, dpkg-buildpackage -b gives me "Can't exec "debian/rules": Permission denied at /usr/bin/dpkg-buildpackage line 475." However, I was able to build package this way from the sdk-v_1.2 from qole though I was getting warning on locale.
And the last one, I copied the locale from /usr/share to /floppy/usr/share/ while copying others that are mentioned in your code and the locale folder is there but still I get the warning Setting locale failed. Any suggestion/help would be great. Thanks.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
you don't have to root in another filesystem to develop on the device!
I enabled tools, sdk and nokia binaries repos, then installed maemo-cplusplus-device-env, gcc and libqt4-opengl-dev.
Have a look at http://wiki.maemo.org/OpenGL-ES to find out which libs you need (there are different ones with: libsdl-gles, opengles and libgles) and how to compile the NeHeGLES-lessons for example...

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by mankir View Post
you don't have to root in another filesystem to develop on the device!
I enabled tools, sdk and nokia binaries repos, then installed maemo-cplusplus-device-env, gcc and libqt4-opengl-dev.
Have a look at http://wiki.maemo.org/OpenGL-ES to find out which libs you need (there are different ones with: libsdl-gles, opengles and libgles) and how to compile the NeHeGLES-lessons for example...
So, the dev files are optified? I'm using gtk+/C, so it would be great if you can tell me what exact files I need to download. Thanks