Notices

New release (0.1.6):

- Add widget-style view suggested by anismistry. This setting is just like portfolio view, you can either set it as default view in the setting menu, or you can cycle through 'standard' - 'portfolio' - 'widget' views by pressing the 'View' button.
- Add '5-day' option to chart view. Also add S&P 500 comparison chart by clicking the chart image.
- Primitive local portfolio support is activated. The file format is finalized, so the future improvement will be on the robustness and UX. Yahoo symbol support has been added, but the UX is still similar to the experimental build so please read the how-to from post #70.

Extras-devel seems to be not working now, so I only uploaded to Nokia Developer project site. I will push to extras-devel later this week.

Last edited by sony123; 2011-07-12 at 02:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
thats too good mate.thanks again

downloaded from repos today, looks more mature and stable, thanks.

just one more request, easy one, can you make the font a bit smaller in the new widget view so that even more stocks can fit on the screen.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
I like what you are doing with the widget idea and can also tell you I am enjoying accessing the news articles withing Stockona.

But the biggest surprise is the 5D graph. (Yay).
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
downloaded from repos today, looks more mature and stable, thanks.

just one more request, easy one, can you make the font a bit smaller in the new widget view so that even more stocks can fit on the screen.
Now the view displays 10 symbols (not counting the one blocked by buttons). I can tweak the font size and the spacing to squeeze one or two more symbols in... but I start feeling your eye sight is way better than mine!

I'm getting more busy at work so probably will wait till weekend to do the experiment.

hi
the app is crashing after the new update.
i tried to add a symbol from the app RIO.AX clicked on yahoo code and saved. After this the app crashed, now when ever i try to login it logs me in and crashes. I tried to unintall it purge from xterm and install but it remembers by details and still crashes. How can i prevent it from remembering my details after uninstall so that that i can do a fresh install. please help

The Following User Says Thank You to anismistry For This Useful Post:
hi
the app is crashing after the new update.
i tried to add a symbol from the app RIO.AX clicked on yahoo code and saved. After this the app crashed, now when ever i try to login it logs me in and crashes. I tried to unintall it purge from xterm and install but it remembers by details and still crashes. How can i prevent it from remembering my details after uninstall so that that i can do a fresh install. please help
Ah, sorry to hear that. Don't worry it's easy to recover (Can you do me a favor by pasting the content of the two files mentioned below?)

In xterm or filebox:
1) go to /home/user/.stockona
2) You should see portfolio.cfg and 0.pos.
3) Delete or rename them, say "0.pos.bkp." The app should start up fine afterwards.

I am thinking it's the position file that caused the problem....
The content should be something like:
[symbol name]:[exchange name]:[share]:[cost]:[stop price]:[reserved]

Thanks for reporting, I tried on my device and unfortunately I couldn't re-produce that... I will try again from scratch later this week.

thanks Sony123 that worked, got my app to work again.

whats the way to add stocks.

should i put RIO:AX and select yahoo quote or put the name of the stock

thanks

thanks Sony123 that worked, got my app to work again.

whats the way to add stocks.

should i put RIO:AX and select yahoo quote or put the name of the stock

thanks
For yahoo only symbols, ignore the exchange field and type in the yahoo symbol name (in this case RIO.AX, notice that it's a dot) in the symbol field.

I think I know what happened. You put RIO:AX in it, but ";" is the delimiter for the file format, so effectively you add one more column and the program doesn't like it.

I will do two things, mask out the exchange field when in yahoo-only portfolio, and figure out a more elegant way to deal with invalid file format.

Just to let users know.... I found in landscape view, the chart cannot be toggled to S&P 500 comparison chart. I have filed a ticket and will fix it in the next revision.