Active Topics

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
@ajalkane I know you already looked at setting flight mode, but you seemed to hit some aegis problems, but I just saw this thread about a toggle flight mode app and wondered how it get's round aegis, maybe this could help profilmatic be able to set flight mode during night time profile?

Code:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82331
The discussion mentions that it's not the same as toggling "Flight Mode" from the Settings. But perhaps it's good enough, or best we can hope for. I'll take a look.

But there's also an application that toggles Power Saving Mode, and that requires the same tokens as Flight Mode. I'm not sure I understand how it works (maybe it escalates credentials given to applauncherd), but when I have some time I'll take a look.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
ajalkane

The app still works brilliantly and I wouldn't be without it.
The app 2G3G on MyMeego gives me a thought though. It would be really handy to automatically switch to 2G only where I know there is a lousy/no signal to stop the 3G radio hunting and draining the battery. At the moment I manually set 2G-only midweek as I work in a basement.

It would just be the icing on the cake and I'm not going to stress if it's more difficult than it sounds....!

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
Would it be possible to toggle "Background Connections" On/Off, based on a certain event?

Example: At home (wireless) I want my phone to switch to "always on" and when leaving the house it should only connect to the internet manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to zappAtom For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
ajalkane

The app still works brilliantly and I wouldn't be without it.
The app 2G3G on MyMeego gives me a thought though. It would be really handy to automatically switch to 2G only where I know there is a lousy/no signal to stop the 3G radio hunting and draining the battery. At the moment I manually set 2G-only midweek as I work in a basement.
That's quite easy to support if I can only find an API or dbus call to modify it.

I'll look into it soon.

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
Would it be possible to toggle "Background Connections" On/Off, based on a certain event?

Example: At home (wireless) I want my phone to switch to "always on" and when leaving the house it should only connect to the internet manually.
Same thing here, if there's an API for that it's easy to do.

I'll also look into this soon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Could you support turning the standby screen on and off? I like to have it on during the day for the clock and notifications. But I manually have to switch it off at night because its too bright.

Cheers!

Would it be possible to use this to switch to 2g when connected to wifi? If not, is this possible for a future enhancement?

Originally Posted by Try Catch View Post
Could you support turning the standby screen on and off? I like to have it on during the day for the clock and notifications. But I manually have to switch it off at night because its too bright.

Cheers!
That should be possible. I'll look into that.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Would it be possible to use this to switch to 2g when connected to wifi? If not, is this possible for a future enhancement?
If you have some specific wifis that you specify, then yes. If you want to turn on 2g when you're connected to any random wifi you happen to connect to, then it will need more work. Should be possible in future version if that's what you need.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
If you have some specific wifis that you specify, then yes. If you want to turn on 2g when you're connected to any random wifi you happen to connect to, then it will need more work. Should be possible in future version if that's what you need.
Cool, a per wifi AP is fine, I only switch between home and work on a regular basis.

Edit, I looked and didn't see the option. Did you mean that it'd be possible to add this feature or that it was already implemented?

Last edited by legoman666; 2012-02-24 at 17:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post: