Originally Posted by ENNINE View Post
$824 is the price for white N9?
http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/Noki...4GB-White.HTML
nota bene, it is in PREORDER!

and having a look @ the accessories they offer at the bottom... you might want to ask yourself if they have any clue what they claim they are offering

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
where did you get yours from?
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
If it's running PR 1.1.1 - more than likely Dubai or Saudi Arabia.
'gerbick' is right... mine is from Dubai... just recd it on 29th Jan 2012.

However, I'm getting one more [White] by this month end - 'coz came to know that they'd've PR1.2 by 15th Feb 2012 [as per the retailer]. My folks'd fetch one as soon as this ver. is released there.

Qorax

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by efeinblatt View Post
I'm traveling to Perth via Dubai in 2 weeks. Does anyone know if you can pick up the N9 (any color) in one of the airport shops. I have a 2 hour transfer and it sure would make the 24 hour trip from NYC worth it.
AFAIK, Dubai Duty Free doesn't [yet] sell the N9s. However, Lumia800 has been spotted. Nonetheless, u may contact them & place a request here: http://www.dubaidutyfree.com/Contact.htm; They r known to be pretty shopper-friendly, thus who knows they may just play sport!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by qorax View Post
'coz came to know that they'd've PR1.2 by 15th Feb 2012 [as per the retailer]. My folks'd fetch one as soon as this ver. is released there.
That sounds overly optimistic, how can the retailer be certain of this?
I was already concerned with the Feb 29th release, doubt they can get enough bugs fixed & features added.
Feb 15th means they've closed everything out even sooner that the 29th release.

The amazing color story of Nokia N9

"They’re not just colours – they’re the most saturated, intense colours” you’ll find on a phone, according to Tiina Aarras who works at Nokia as a colours and materials designer.

Aarras and the team studied over 100 colours, and the process of narrowing 100 colours down to four was a long one. “We worked with several studies looking at which colours supported the identity of the product. We wanted colours which expressed that unique identity.”

Aarras was inspired by the CMYK colour group (Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black) which was invented as a primary colour group for printing when newspapers began to produce colour comic strips in the 1890s.

“Those colours are pure, defined and exceptional. They’re distinctive modern design icons and people recognise them. Because these are primary colours they contrast with each other – put them together with a black glass screen, and they are ideal for producing a bold and confident approach.”

The white Nokia N9 was inspired by CMYK’s association with printing and white paper: “So you have the purest white body which creates a nice contrast with a black glass screen.”
Aarras says the choice of colours has shaped the story of the Nokia N9 series: “Magenta is a provocative colour.” It was actually one of the first synthetic dyes to be produced back in the 1850s – and the human eye is particularly sensitive to the colour hues in the magenta range. “Cyan is classic, and fresh.” And black? Well, “black is both classic and pure.”

Ref: http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/...-in-the-world/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qorax View Post
The amazing color story of Nokia N9

"They’re not just colours – they’re the most saturated, intense colours” you’ll find on a phone, according to Tiina Aarras who works at Nokia as a colours and materials designer.

Aarras and the team studied over 100 colours, and the process of narrowing 100 colours down to four was a long one. “We worked with several studies looking at which colours supported the identity of the product. We wanted colours which expressed that unique identity.”

Aarras was inspired by the CMYK colour group (Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black) which was invented as a primary colour group for printing when newspapers began to produce colour comic strips in the 1890s.

“Those colours are pure, defined and exceptional. They’re distinctive modern design icons and people recognise them. Because these are primary colours they contrast with each other – put them together with a black glass screen, and they are ideal for producing a bold and confident approach.”

Aarras says the choice of colours has shaped the story of the Nokia N9 series: “Magenta is a provocative colour.” It was actually one of the first synthetic dyes to be produced back in the 1850s – and the human eye is particularly sensitive to the colour hues in the magenta range. “Cyan is classic, and fresh.” And black? Well, “black is both classic and pure.”

Ref: http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/...-in-the-world/

thanks for the post qorax

The Following User Says Thank You to asadkhan1988 For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I've just written to customer service to ask if any of the airport shops stock the N9. Will report back with the answer when I get it.

Simply electronics in the UK has the white N9 in stock... tempted to get one myself and sell my lovely black N9.

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mai....php?pid=16970

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hmm... nice, nokia is now promoting the while Lumia shitphone:
white-nokia-lumia-800-out-soon

And here for those still interested, the story behild the brilliant design of the white Lumia:
brilliant-white-how-nokia-designed-the-white-lumia

And there is still no white N9 with 64GB storage at the german amazon page.
I'm currently feeling very sick and queer. It makes me wanna puke!

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Hmm... nice, nokia is now promoting the while Lumia shitphone:
white-nokia-lumia-800-out-soon

And here for those still interested, the story behild the brilliant design of the white Lumia:
brilliant-white-how-nokia-designed-the-white-lumia

And there is still no white N9 with 64GB storage at the german amazon page.
I'm currently feeling very sick and queer. It makes me wanna puke!
Glad I gave up on my hunt for a white N9, was willing to pay a fair bit more than the other colours, and simplyelectronics added the white just after I purchased mine.

However half of the lust for a white N9 was its seperation from the Lumia 800, although I was always thinking it likely a white Lumia would arrive at some point and spoil its uniqueness.

Even happier now with what I have

Tags
dinosaur bones, much ado, unicorn