Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
New error...
How I meant was in the command replace the <container_name> with the name of your container. (I think linux2 or something like that.)

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Regarding sound edp17, I didn't install any patches, plugins or extensions, but maybe there is a difference in how the audio sinks are set up between the ports for our respective devices?
Yeah, I think the same. Maybe I should change something on the sfos side, in the container or in both.
The issue (no sound in the container and in the host if the container is running and after) impacts both devices Sony XA2 and Galaxy Note 4 (treltexx). The available options in pavucontrol are the same in the containers on both devices.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Levone1 did run the command with the correct container name afterwards. I also posted that and then deleted my message when I noticed.

Regarding sound, I can only say that it works for me and others on Proš, and I believe it works on X Compact too (not tested, my X Compact died), so maybe you can find something interesting in the the Proš port Git repository?

We'd need Illyria to confirm that sound worked on his X Compact too, because that's an official SFOS release, not a port, and it's surprising that it would not work on XA2 then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I was also surprised why this didn't work on my XA2. Good idea, I'll check the Pro1 repo in github! Thanks.

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
How I meant was in the command replace the <container_name> with the name of your container. (I think linux2 or something like that.)
That's what I did. You can see in screenshot that I left <container name> accidentally the first time, but reissued the command properly riggt after...

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Levone1: Sorry I missed that, but now I saw in the screenshot.
I am trying to install Strech on my treltexx to see whether I get similar issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Levone1: Sorry I missed that, but now I saw in the screenshot.
I am trying to install Strech on my treltexx to see whether I get similar issues.
I've tried a few... Seems like what usually goes wrong is that the Xwayland build/install process messes up somehow, (it seems like everything is successful as it's building, but it's hard to catch all of it as it scrolls by). Whenever I get Xwayland not found message, sure enough, there's no Xwayland file in /opt/bin. Now, though, on Debian Buster, Xwayland is installed, but I got 'xstart command not found' error when running start_desktop.sh. I used apt-get to install xinit package, and that issue went away, and now I get 'only console users are allowed to run the X server'. Trying to figure that one out...

Also, it seems like internet doesn't work with mobile data, only Wi-Fi ...

Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
I've tried a few... Seems like what usually goes wrong is that the Xwayland build/install process messes up somehow, (it seems like everything is successful as it's building, but it's hard to catch all of it as it scrolls by). Whenever I get Xwayland not found message, sure enough, there's no Xwayland file in /opt/bin. Now, though, on Debian Buster, Xwayland is installed, but I got 'xstart command not found' error when running start_desktop.sh. I used apt-get to install xinit package, and that issue went away, and now I get 'only console users are allowed to run the X server'. Trying to figure that one out...

Also, it seems like internet doesn't work with mobile data, only Wi-Fi ...
I have just installed Stretch too. During the process, I spotted something, the content of the /var/lib/lxc/<container_name>/config was not correct. I updated the first post and added my config file there. You may try to use that in your device.
What I recommend is to destroy all containers, delete all files from /home/.lxc and start over. I also recommend using purely the command-line. (I used that to install Stretch.)
If you follow the steps, before you attach the container first, please double-check the config file. I hope finally you will get there.

Kabouik: What I spotted was when I started the GUI of the Stretch, I got the same desktop that I configured for the Sid!! In Sid I installed Conky plus a few apps. I didn't expect to see them in Stretch. Conky was started but I got missing icons for the apps as those were installed in Sid only.
Is somehow the desktop config shared among the desktop distro installations?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Yep. I have destroyed the freshly installed stretch container and now my other one (Sid) doesn't start.
I only get the 'No Xwayland window' screen rather than the desktop.
I guess, shouldn't have tried to install more than one container at the same time.

Edit: Extend the last sentence, I should delete the sid folder in /home/.lxc.
Plus I shouldn't just use Sid's config for Stretch without amending it accordingly.

Last edited by edp17; 2020-09-04 at 08:06.

I have just installed Stretch too. During the process, I spotted something, the content of the /var/lib/lxc/<container_name>/config was not correct. I updated the first post and added my config file there. You may try to use that in your device.
What I recommend is to destroy all containers, delete all files from /home/.lxc and start over. I also recommend using purely the command-line. (I used that to install Stretch.)
If you follow the steps, before you attach the container first, please double-check the config file. I hope finally you will get there.

Kabouik: What I spotted was when I started the GUI of the Stretch, I got the same desktop that I configured for the Sid!! In Sid I installed Conky plus a few apps. I didn't expect to see them in Stretch. Conky was started but I got missing icons for the apps as those were installed in Sid only.
Is somehow the desktop config shared among the desktop distro installations?
Getting somewhere ... I did a new container with Devuan and used your instructions, and got a window. Now to figure out how to fix the appearance. Screenshots show how it looks. I can't get any different ... Any ideas?
Thanks
Attached Images

Tags
application, development, linux