Active Topics

ive been away a while but the n900 still doesnt have portrait mode yet? i thought it was suppose to be out way back then when this phone/tablet came out.

that has really got to suck because that is a very long wait.

really getting fed-up with all these promising about MeeGoo & portrait mode. First, they say: ( MeeGo for n900 with Duel booting features ). Now they say it is not for end-users and what is the use of PR1.3 then???!!!

To all N900 owners: ( dont put hopes in this MeeGo, as it will never be meant for Consumer till 2011 & it will be implemented in n9 )

thnx

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Nokia is thinking that Nokia phones [specifically, Nokia phones that aren't getting MeeGo for free as a late lifecycle update] will have a lovely UX layer on top of the reference system and thus consumers will see that there's more value in buying a MeeGo phone from Nokia than the average non-Nokia MeeGo phone. Much the same as HTC was thinking when they created TouchFlo, SenseUI, etc. Made other Windows Mobile 5+ cell phones look bad.
Well if you compare TouchFlo and SenseUI you will see that there are no cartoons on it *lough*.

And if i read things like Meego isnt for the system for Consumers what the hell is the Consumer OS for the N900 then. Will we ever leave this experimental Status with PreReleases (PR).. i know anybody will tell me now the N900 is just a Step and for Geeks only and maybe i have bought the wrong Phone..

But sorry that not the Answer i did Ask Nokia directly over there Europe Support about the missing Features of Maemo i was have the Feeling they never have seen a N900 or understanding 10 Percent of my Questions.. So far and then Meego Project Leader isnt changeing to Palm becouse of Money only i fear .. he left the sinking Ship.

Take a look at Nitdroid this a working OS no matter its from the devil Google it just works for me. I would wish the greate Community would put all effort into this then we have everything that i was expect from Maemo.

Last edited by crown77; 2010-10-19 at 07:34.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
*slowly losing hope *
N8 here I come.

stupid proposal but what about rotatedaemon?
i know it can be perfectionized, but its portrait..

Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
Well if you compare TouchFlo and SenseUI you will see that there are no cartoons on it *lough*.
Did you read all that and not understand it?
If you're looking at TouchFlo and SenseUI, you're not seeing the Windows mobile GUI, are you? There may be cartoons on the N9, but We Have Not Seen The GUI. There may be santas or it may all be faux led lights or comic sans fonts. But it may also not be. The cartoons are in a placeholder GUI that will not be what Nokia ships. Not until they've made the UX and announced the N9 can we see it and say "...that's it? another iphone wannabe? really?" Unlike the Windows GUI that HTC never completely managed to get away from, the MeeGo is only a reference GUI. You know. Reference. Reference.

And if i read things like Meego isnt for the system for Consumers what the hell is the Consumer OS for the N900 then.
Maemo 5. How can you be confused about this?

Will we ever leave this experimental Status with PreReleases (PR)..
Oh, I see where your confusion come from. You expect TFFFRE (The First Fault Free Release Ever) and were presented with a Public Release instead. I can see why you're so disappointed, now.

I would wish the greate Community would put all effort into this then we have everything that i was expect from Maemo.
I am sorry. Such a Community does not exist, that can give you everything you want.

Last edited by volt; 2010-10-20 at 15:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Bunch of BS! Sorry, but that's the truth! If you want and N8, N900 is really not meant for you... A phone would be more useful to you!

Second, MeeGo would be a very cool thing... Who cares about not meant for end-users? If you've ever used a GNU/Linux system, you know that there might be always problems, which you can solve... End-user=Lazy People

So, stop this, it's not gonna be a problem, MeeGo will be out soon, and your wait for this will be over... But anyway, people always want to have what they don't...

One of the best N900's features is the keyboard, and if you want to use the keyboard you should use it in landscape mode...

MeeGo would be good, although I think portrait mode is not so important... But at least stop talking about smartphones here... This is Maemo forum! Maemo is not meant to be used for smartphones... It's for devices like N900... If you want an N8, go buy one!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AMLJ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
If you want an N8, go buy one!
I just did, now I just have to wait for it to arrive. I'm listing my n900 on ebay to the highest bidder. Someone sold a damaged N900 on ebay to the highest bidder for over $300. I wonder how much the highest bidder will pay for my n900.

Last edited by txh; 2010-10-20 at 20:52.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ SE London
Originally Posted by txh View Post
I just did, now I just have to wait for it to arrive. I'm listing my n900 on ebay to the highest bidder. Someone sold a damaged N900 on ebay to the highest bidder for over $300. I wonder how much the highest bidder will pay for my n900.
ebay link or it didn't happen

The Following User Says Thank You to DARKFiB3R For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DARKFiB3R View Post
ebay link or it didn't happen
lol, I haven't listed it yet. I ordered the n8, but I'm still trying to decide if I should let go of the n900. Maybe I'll use the two of them. T-mobile on the n900 and at&t on the n8.

Last edited by txh; 2010-10-20 at 20:52.