Notices

glancing over this real quick, couldn't you figure a way to use the stylus to click&hold a rotate knob, then just rotate the n900 in your hand? i didnt see anyone else chime that in. dunno if its possible.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
An even easier solution - clicking on a knob and gaining "focus" on it, and then just using the keyboard's right/left arrows to turn it...

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
An even easier solution - clicking on a knob and gaining "focus" on it, and then just using the keyboard's right/left arrows to turn it...
Why not a click and drag solution, you click on a knob and then drag to the left or right. The further away from the clicking point, the faster the knob turns.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Korova For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Alex Korova View Post
Why not a click and drag solution, you click on a knob and then drag to the left or right. The further away from the clicking point, the faster the knob turns.
Well yea, but what if you forget a knob in focus and touch the screen in the manner you described? You'll just turn knobs without wanting to do that, so thats why I suggested a physical button for the action.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
Beat maker here myself and I would so love a full beat machine on here that can chop samples the whole 9.

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

Surprised no one posted this check these links

Sunvox coming to Nokia N900

and this vid is pretty much what it does....

and sunvox forum can be found here...

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-07-16 at 00:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
knobs would be easy.

tap on knob and slide out about a cm then go around in a circle. slide out and make a bigger circle for fine tuning.

or you can double tap to activate so you could still tap and move the screen around iff needed.

Has anyone got Lmms running on the N900?
If so how is it done?
Thought i'd give it a go to see what it looks like.

Installed it via synaptic package manager but when i open E.Debian it does not appear in the start menu.

Any ideas?

I've found some armel.deb builds of lmms maybe someone can try get one working or fix to work on the N900
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/lmms/
thanks

i got it working on N900 using easy debian but it does not save changes or have working sound
sorry for bad quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjm6kNc7CT0

Last edited by hycraig; 2010-08-19 at 18:11.

Originally Posted by hycraig View Post
I've found some armel.deb builds of lmms maybe someone can try get one working or fix to work on the N900
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/lmms/
thanks

i got it working on N900 using easy debian but it does not save changes or have working sound
sorry for bad quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjm6kNc7CT0
Nice one!
I can say that my phone runs a desktop DAW (well sort of)!

But how did you install it and find it in Debian?
I used Synaptic and it says its installed. When i start Debian I can't find it (a simplton's expaination would be good if you can be bothered).

I thought i'd see if I could install some other audio progs - if there are any (don't have any linux/debian experince).

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix sound/save option?
I know that trying to use all the function in LMMS is a bit pointless on such a small screen/limited CPU, but maybe it is good enough to at least programme some drum patterns and export them after?

Tags
audio, fl studio