Poll: Do you have this bug?
Poll Options
Do you have this bug?

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Anyone here with this bug and without recaller installed?
yep, here i am

The Following User Says Thank You to simpu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Romania
I have this bug without recaller, and I had it with recaller too.

Just removed it, cleaned with "apt-get --purge autoremove"...the glitch is here to stay.
Anyone tried to reflash clean ?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I'd like to change my vote from No to Yes.

I haven't really seen it, but it happened to me today. Only once, though, and then it was gone. So no biggie, but I'm technically affected, so, for the record, was 109-13, it's now 110-12.

Also, mine didn't look like Simpu's shot, my screen only moved for a little, and then fixed itself after some maybe 300 ms. Given the fact that my phone is always-portrait, the flipping might have masked it thus far.

Also, it happens with high uptime or high system load. Fresh booted OS is fine.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Tried to re-flash. So virgin clean device...got this too! Not mayby as bad but it's there.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
When I get calls they switch to portrait when i pick up the phone fine. My problem is that when I press accept call the screen changes so the accept/reject buttons are side by side, then after a second it switches back to the buttons being on top of eachother and I can hit accept. It would be super annoying except I don't use the phone much.
I turned off the automatic rotation and forced phone app to portrait mode. Now I have no problems with the phone app.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Meanwhile could one workaround to this be that you set phone app to be always in landscape?
Have not seen the problem since I switched to landscape. Lucky this works around the issue otherwise the N900 becomes a brick to me if I can't answer all calls..

I have noticed that the incoming call in this case is not marked as Rejected or Answered, but similar to Silenced. When I end up to Conversations app in answering call it is yet possible to answer to an incoming call - I close Conversations app, open a Phone app and can answer the same call which I missed due to screen glitch.
Screen glitch has been occured when Phone app is set to be in Portrait or Automatic without auto rotation. Haven't tried Landscape mode yet as it's unconvinient to hold the phone in this way.

PS Apps installed only from maemo-extras

Originally Posted by smoku View Post
I turned off the automatic rotation and forced phone app to portrait mode. Now I have no problems with the phone app.
Wish I were as happy about having the phone sideways every time there's an incoming call....well, tastes differ that's for sure
Tried to overclock the device - same old S... !

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
What do you mean sideways? Portrait is the same as every other phone on Earth.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.