Active Topics

Notices

Well, my brand new set of CD's came in from "Amazon/Tragic Little PC" today, and BINGO! SUCCESS!

A good set of data files makes all the difference. The digital download files trully do not work.

Hmm, not so fast. I can't enter the keycode XEP624. It keeps saying wrong code. Something seems to be wrong with the keyboard entry. Anyone have a working keyboard config file?

The screen DOES show XEP624, it just won't accept it. I'm assuming a bad config file.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the part where the code was changed to "XEP" no numbers.

Last edited by cyberbillp; 2008-02-14 at 14:40.

Sadly, this game isn't playable without a mouse right click. You get into a mode where you can't do anything. There's merc portraits across the bottom and I can't access their inventory (right click). One of my guys is bleeding to death and I can't heal him.

Is there anyway to hack in a right click?

inventory is accessible, click on the triangle and then merc. Keyboard shortcuts help too and there's also a menu that has icons for most actions. I've talked to the developer and he promised to look at the right click after the next release.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
That inventory is different than what you get in combat. I'm not sure if you can do everything you need. I've never played the game before.

BUT... I edited /usr/share/ja2/x.xkbd and replaced the comma with a "grave" (it's above the tab key) "`". This lets you access the your mercs inventory in combat, which is what I was looking for.

New release. Changed resolution to 800x480. Menus are still fixed size (and not centered anymore), but you get full width in tactical mode. Clicking on the screen with the menu button down now works as a right mouse click. Also, the I.M.P code was changed to blank so now people with 770 can access it. Enjoy!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Right-clicking using the menu button works for me. Looking forward to playing some JA2 during my next plane trip! Thanks.

Thanks a lot for this! I had doubts that this was going to work with my 770 but it did!

Originally Posted by Sharjan View Post
Thanks a lot for this! I had doubts that this was going to work with my 770 but it did!
Yes, it seems to work quite nicely with 770 too, you only get those weird pauses from time to time and xkbd doesn't seem to work at all with it.

Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
Thanks ukki, any way to get this to work with the demo data?

(I tried but its looking for files not existing in demo data dir)
Ja2 developer Tron notified me about this possibility, so here's a demo release. You can have both versions installed. Demo's data directory goes to /media/mmc1/share/ja2demo. If the demo doesn't start from the menu, try running jaggeddemo in xterm to see the error message. If you want to use some other path, just issue this command in xterm: echo "data_dir = /path/to/game/data" > /home/user/.ja2demo/ja2.ini. I'll ask Arnims to update the first post, but here's a link to the package: ja2_0.8-demo.deb