Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thanks penguinbait. You see, slt_arctic_hts has this thing for me, but I keep telling her, "No, baby, I've got someone else. And she's not synthetic." But she didn't seem to understand. I haven't heard from her since that fateful day last year.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Thanks penguinbait. You see, slt_arctic_hts has this thing for me, but I keep telling her, "No, baby, I've got someone else. And she's not synthetic." But she didn't seem to understand. I haven't heard from her since that fateful day last year.
Yeah, she don't sound like shes playing!!

Now you can have her talk dirty to you on startup. The flite script, /usr/bin/flite is already setup, just uncomment her out, and comment in the spanish.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
This has 8 voices, 1 female, 1 Spanish, 1 brit, and 1 scottish the rest are US.
http://penguinbait.com/festival-multi.deb (20MB Download, 50MB uncompressed, takes up about 35MB on flash)

This is Spanish voice only
http://penguinbait.com/festival-spanish.deb (4MB Download, 12MB uncompressed, takes up about 8MB on flash)

These both install to /home/user/festival

Additionally a shell script called flite is created to allow spanish voices to be used in maemo-mapper. Gnuite is making an update to MM to support this.

For now, the flite script by default uses spanish, it can be changed just edit the file, I included all the voices in it, you just need to adjust the comments.

flite -t no habla espanol

Basically it just a dumb script which ignores the first parameter, no matter what the parm is
flite xxx no habla espanol

We should have an updated maemomapper soon

Just as an FYI, the flite script has been updated to support all the Spanish characters.

in the multi version , I made the default flite script to be cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts, just for qole

The flite script in the multi has a separate script for spanish and others.
/usr/bin/flite-spanish /usr/bin/flite-multi
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Penguinbait, do you think you could package up GParted for us? It really rocks for being able to graphically modify (resize, add, remove, format, etc) partitions on your SD card(s), a lot like Partition Magic. It would need a tweak; you would need to disable maemo's annoying habit of trying to auto-remount the first FAT partition of SD cards for the duration of the session. You would also have to include a bunch of necessary stuff like dosfstools and efs2progs. You may also need to run it with an explicit list of available drives, such as,

Code:
gparted /dev/mmcblk0 /dev/mmcblk1
... this of course means that you wouldn't be able to partition a USB stick without dropping to the command line ... but maybe that's not a problem, I've only run it in a chroot, and that has issues with mounted devices...

It looks like you already got it working, package it up, whats the problem?

I have it working in the Debian chroot; all this involves is "apt-get install gparted dosfstools", I was hoping someone with some maemo hacking / packing experience could help me out here.

I have it working in the Debian chroot; all this involves is "apt-get install gparted dosfstools", I was hoping someone with some maemo hacking / packing experience could help me out here.
I installed all these

../dosfstools_2.11-6_armel.deb
../libcairomm-1.0-1_1.6.0-1_armel.deb
../e2fsprogs_1.41.2-1_armel.deb
../libglibmm-2.4-1c2a_2.16.4-1_armel.deb
../festival-spanish.deb
../libgtkmm-2.4-1c2a_2.12.7-1_armel.deb
../gparted_0.3.8-1+b1_armel.deb ../libsigc++-2.0-0c2a_2.0.18-2_armel.deb

This was the last error at which I give up
~/WORKING # gparted
/usr/sbin/gpartedbin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/sbin/gpartedbin)
/usr/sbin/gpartedbin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libcairomm-1.0.so.1)
/usr/sbin/gpartedbin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libglibmm-2.4.so.1)

What do you think about qtparted or partgui. I will see if I can get something working.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
I would suspect that you would need to recompile gparted for the old maemo libraries...

I would suspect that you would need to recompile gparted for the old maemo libraries...
Its not a bad idea, use those as prereqs and compile against them.

I'll give it a try when I get some time. I could also probably get the new glib and us a diff libdir in the script to call gparted.

Its working!

Well I should say its firing up, not really tested much yet

It will take about 17MB though

dosfstools_2.11-6_armel.deb
libglib2.0-0_2.16.6-1_armel.deb
libsigc++-2.0-0c2a_2.0.18-2_armel.deb
e2fsprogs_1.41.2-1_armel.deb
libglibmm-2.4-1c2a_2.16.4-1_armel.deb
libstdc++6_4.3.2-1_armel.deb
festival-spanish.deb
libgtk2.0-0_2.12.11-4_armel.deb
libxinerama1_1.0.3-2_armel.deb
gparted_0.3.8-1+b1_armel.deb
libgtkmm-2.4-1c2a_2.12.7-1_armel.deb
libcairomm-1.0-1_1.6.0-1_armel.deb
libpcre3_7.8-2_armel.deb

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-10-31 at 01:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:

Tags
clone, deprecated, gparted, kde, kde35, penguinbait