Active Topics

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Can I ask who the tweet was from? Just dont want to go off before i know its a reputable source.
Did a quick twitter search:

http://twitter.com/Rotkaeqpchen/status/3816099816

Originally Posted by generationally View Post
Did a quick twitter search:

http://twitter.com/Rotkaeqpchen/status/3816099816
Ahh ok. But nothing from nokia directly then? Just I checked my pre-order and it makes no mention of a delay.

mm why no one is answering my question about the us version if the N900 will be made in finland or china !!! ?

Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
mm why no one is answering my question about the us version if the N900 will be made in finland or china !!! ?
Maybe because nobody knows? Take a chill pill, man.

The Following User Says Thank You to texaslabrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
I don't think no one really knows yet. AFAIK Nokia have changed their manufacturing in recent years to cut logistical costs to a model where they try to make the handset as close to the markets as possible. So I'm guessing the US handsets won't be made in Finland since the factory in Salo will be producing handsets for the EU market.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Well it cannot ship on 1 October 2009 in UK because that is (or was?) the launch date in DE & IT.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
It's going to be super awesome if we're all carrying N800s and N810s to the Summit. Have fun talking about Harmattan, Nokia, when we're still on Diablo.
Maybe N900 is sold on summit

Originally Posted by digittante View Post
And for the record, I've been w/ T-Mo/DeutscheTelekom for over a decade and almost always bring my own phone. When T-Mo established a separate tech support team to help customers w/ non-T-Mo phones, support really improved (for me). I'm curious if Sprint/Verizon/AT&T provide similar support?
Just wanted to mention that I've used ATT in the past, and have now been with Tmobile for 5years. My wife still uses ATT.
Tmobile has excellent customer service in comparison, but the coverage... sometimes I just want to scream!

Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
Just wanted to mention that I've used ATT in the past, and have now been with Tmobile for 5years. My wife still uses ATT.
Tmobile has excellent customer service in comparison, but the coverage... sometimes I just want to scream!
I just switched to T-mobile in preparation for receiving my new N900 (and saving $60/month in the process...happy bonus). One thing that I've noticed is the marked decrease in signal strength indoors due to the lack of 850Mhz coverage. Still, even with 1-2 bars of signal on the N95's meter, the calls are clear and I've yet to have one drop yet. So, while on paper it looks worse, in practice it seems to actually be an improvement in performance. Perhaps that's due to the oversubscription of AT&T's network due to the iphone...plenty of RF signal strength but the network falls down due to the load. Hopefully the same will prove true with the 3G performance as well..but I'll have to wait until my new toy arrives to test it.

I though shipping meant when the goods were leaving the factory. They still have to get to the local distributer before they can be sent out to the customer. If that is true then around about the middle of Oct for delivery sounds about right for a shipping date of the 1st.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Well it cannot ship on 1 October 2009 in UK because that is (or was?) the launch date in DE & IT.
12th October is also the shipping day in Germany according to the online shop.

Beware of my English! Beware of my English!

The Following User Says Thank You to rok For This Useful Post: