Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Right, well what I am saying - is that one way or another, it's possible since Sygic does it and most of the "built-in" applications refuse to.
Does sygic voice over work when you are in a middle of a call? if so, does it play the to the speakers? You were talking about together with the media player, which is something that is supported by default...

why the nokia n900 don't keep the music play while i making a call ?? my n73 keep the music play while i making a call or opening the camera !!

because you are on the phone and it thinks you want to listen to the person you called?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Also, camera cuts all audio because it needs exclusive access IIRC.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

ok but if i want to make the person i call listen to some music what shall i do ?? !!! on my n73 i can make this !!!

It's unfortunately designed that way. I forget the specifics, someone explained it a while back. Has to do with the phone call stopping the gstreamer backend from playing the call.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

i don't under stand you (laughing man) .... so is there any way to keep the music play while i making a call on my n900 ??

As far as I know no. My post was just saying

1) It's intentional by design
2) That someone had a more in depth explanation of what's happening (but not a solution sadly).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

who had the more explanation ??

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The following threads have been merged into this thread:
  • "play music when in call or use camera when in call" with ten posts
  • "Music in a call !!" with twenty-seven posts
  • "why the nokia n900 don't keep the music play while i makeing a call ?? my n73 keep the music play while i making a call or opening the camera !!" with eight posts

Ahmed Henry, out of respect for owners of previous Maemo devices, please post your Maemo 5 specific questions in the Maemo 5 forum, not General. Thank you.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-06-21 at 23:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:

Tags
question